04/26/24 at 12:56:36 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tubes for Sale (Read 902 times)
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Tubes for Sale
02/13/23 at 02:35:03

I am planning on posting on Audiomart but figured, I’d provide an advance peak/opportunity here:

Pair of 1945 Black Glass Ken Rad VT-231 6SN7—from the field (military tubes from the field are considered superior to those tubes that didn’t test optimally and sold in secondary markets)  — $400–bought them as NOS

According to Brent:

“Entire stock of the Ken Rad tubes were from 1945….May I believe.  Very unusual to find an entire batch from the same manufacture date.  These came from France and I can imagine they were left behind by the GI’s that liberated France at the time!”

Matched Pair of Melz 5 Hole -1959 —- $400 Bought them as NOS

Matched Pair of Melz 5 Hole— 1962 —- $400. Bought them as NOS

According to the Reference 6SN7 thread on Head-Fi, late 50’s to early 60’s are super desirable time periods for these Russian tubes.  These are my favorite in the Freya Plus.

Super rare matched pair of Visseaux 6V6 output tubes from France  Just their original packaging is worth the price of admission.  I bought them NOS — new in box. —-$400

1960’s matched pair of Pope 6V6–sold by Upscale Audio. Second owner. First owner owner only used them for 10 hrs before deciding it was not for him.  $125

Mazda 5Y3 Rectifier—$100. Bought as NOS/NIB. I’ve barely used it.

Later on, I will also sell my 1943 RCA Grey Glass matched pair as well as my Sylvania VT-231 matched pair (I think circa 1944).

These are all glorious tubes. Can’t provide measurements since I don’t have a tube tester and I don’t provide any type of guarantee to the buyer (not a tube dealer—just a private selling looking to thin the heard).  You never know with a tube.  What I can tell you is that they all work fine in my rig.

Too lazy to look in my library for pics right now but will provide them upon request.  Please respond here and or contact me at khashmi@me.com.

All prices listed are exclusive of shipping.  I will provide the extra for shipping when I know how many tubes you are buying.

Have a great weekend!

Kamran

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Re: Tubes for Sale
Reply #1 - 02/17/23 at 01:43:05

The KenRads and both pairs of Melz have been sold.

Innuos Pulse Streaming Transport and Phoenix Net Switch-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Re: Tubes for Sale
Reply #2 - 02/25/23 at 01:11:54

Adding a coveted f31/early version/4 notch 5AR4 Mullard (branded BOGEN)—I am the second owner.  First owner said it tested well and I had nothing to complain about either.  I just prefer the Sophia Electric more.  Thinking $300 including shipping to CONUS?  Will probably put up Audiomart ad by tomorrow.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print