Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 02:32:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sonus Faber Minima Amator and Tori Jr (Read 740 times)
Coqui
Verified Member

Sonus Faber Minima Amator and Tori Jr
01/20/23 at 01:59:54

I'm on the waiting list for a Tori Jr. My plan is to use the Tori Jr with my Sonus Faber Minima Amator II. I would like to know if anyone has heard this combination. I am tempted to get a low power SET (e.g., SE84UFO25 or Sarah amp), sell the Minima Amator II, and get a high efficiency speakers (e.g., Omega, Zu). I would appreciate the input of experienced Decware owners. Thanks!

IP Logged
TexJ
Verified Member

Re: Sonus Faber Minima Amator and Tori Jr
Reply #1 - 09/14/23 at 21:54:18

I am going thru the same thing right now.  I have a few months to go before my Torii Jr. gets here and I am trying to decide on which speakers I should go with.  I am looking at Zu's, Lii Song, Spatial Audio and GR Research. If possible, I am trying a stay away from single full range driver set ups.

IP Logged
Coqui
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 09/15/23 at 00:04:40

Hello TexJ,

I gave up trying to find a tube amp for the Sonus Faber. I sold them and decided to buy one of Decware's low power amps, the Rachael. I bought a pair of Omega Compact Alnico Monitors, which is a pairing that many Decware owners of SET amps recommend. However, I am still tempted by the Zu speakers because of their versatility; you can use them with either a low power or a high power amp. Also, the Zu speaker are not too big and appear easy to place in a room. I'm about 7-8 months away from getting my Rachael amp; i can't wait!

Good luck !

IP Logged
TexJ
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 09/15/23 at 02:08:54

Good luck to you too!  I am looking at the Zu's for the same reason as you are plus I like painted finishes a little more than veneer.  Zu has some nice finishes on some of their models.

Take care and good luck.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print