Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 13:27:21 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS - Beautiful Mcintosh MC250 SS Amp (Read 1236 times)
thevinoman

FS - Beautiful Mcintosh MC250 SS Amp
01/10/23 at 16:24:00

Single Mcintosh MC250 Stereo Amplifier For Sale - $1399

One of the very highly regarded MC250 stereo amplifiers.  Very good to excellent condition.  Chrome is very nice.  This was the first solid state amp that Mcintosh produced following their run of tube units.  Spec'd at 50 watts per channel, but normally punch above that at 60+.  These units can be easily bridged to operate as monoblocks at 100 watts per channel, and I have done just that with great success.

I am the second owner, and have been very pleased with the performance of this great amp for about 8 years, but it's time to downsize my collection. This unit has been thoroughly checked out and serviced by Kaspar at Stereo Rehab in Chicago.  This amp is a real sweetheart, and has been very well taken care of, as is all of my equipment.

Price is $1399, plus shipping.   One unit in similar condition recently sold for over $1700 on the auction site.

I will accept a USPS Money Order, or a certified cashiers check, or cash.

Please message me with serious interest.

Sorry, but no trades. If this ad is still active, it is still available.

I am located in the South Bend, Indiana area, which is approximately 2 hours from Chicago, Indianapolis and Grand Rapids.  I would be happy to meet within an hour of my home to deliver.

Here is a link to the "Mcintosh Compendium" with all sorts of great info.
http://mcintoshcompendium.com/Compendium%20Docs/Power%20Amplifiers/PDFs/MC250.pd...

A few less than a total of 8,000 units produced by Mcintosh, so these don't come up very often, particularly in this condition.

IP Logged
ws1525
Verified Member

Re: FS - Beautiful Mcintosh MC250 SS Amp
Reply #1 - 01/13/23 at 15:50:18

Very nice!  I enjoy my mc2100 that is in similar condition.

GLWS!

IP Logged
Rick C
Verified Member

Re: FS - Beautiful Mcintosh MC250 SS Amp
Reply #2 - 01/17/23 at 14:02:46

Very Nice

IP Logged
thevinoman

SOLD Beautiful Mcintosh MC250 SS Amp SOLD
Reply #3 - 02/06/23 at 15:25:05

SOLD