Send Topic Print
ZBIT first impressions (Read 533 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

ZBIT first impressions
12/08/22 at 19:57:34

So I just received my ZBIT with dual stepped attenuators from EBay.  After messing with cable rerouting I finally got everything hooked up.  Initially I thought there would be an issue with integrating my sub woofer into the equation… But after further digging, I realized that my Schiit Bifrost Dac allows the XLR and RCA inputs to be simultaneously utilized.  

While I anticipated that it would be an improvement in dynamics… I was pleasantly shocked.  It was like giving my ZSTAGE a shot of adrenaline!  It really opened up the sound making it more lively.  Playing it through my SE84C+ 25th white Zen amp, the bass slam is more pronounced.  With the stepped attenuators… I am currently running it between 70 and 80%.   I have noticed that I seem to like the new setup where the switch on the front of my Z stage in the downward relaxed position… as opposed to previously enjoying it more in the lively position.  The added gain of the ZBIT has really opened up my window of adjustability with the integration of my ZSTAGE.  I’ll post more impressions in the upcoming days when I have more time to sit down and really do some critical listening,

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print