Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 14:38:58 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS: Modwright LS 100 line stage preamp (Read 1148 times)
armstdav
Seasoned Member

FS: Modwright LS 100 line stage preamp
11/22/22 at 05:14:58

Asking $2,600 plus shipping.

Single-ended design with 10 function remote control, (2) 6SN7 (Driver) and (1) 5AR4/GZ34 rectifier. Single gain/buffer stage, phase inverting, four RCA inputs, one XLR input, one Monitor input and tape output, one Home Theater Bypass (HT/BP) input and two sets of RCA outs plus XLR outputs.

I sent this back to Modwright in March of 2021 because the headphone amp was way down in one channel. Dan replaced a coupling cap and the headphone amp now sounds great. He also gave the rest of the preamp a once over and declared it in fine shape.

I'm including the folowing tubes:

Two 2012 Electro-Harmonix 6SN7s that still test NOS and were my favorite new production (now old production!) 6SN7s in this preamp.

One very nice Sylvania 5AR4 that tests NOS and sounds great; Dan ships the LS 100 with a 5AR4 and it fits under the cover.

One RCA JAN 5U4G that was my favorite rectifier in this preamp, but is so tall you have to run with the cover off. I always ran it that way as I rolled tubes often and had no RFI/EMI issues. Dan sells a cover with a hole in it for the taller rectifiers; I never felt it was necessary.

I have all the factory boxes and packing. I'll include a generic power cable, but it definitely benefits from a better one.

Why am I selling? I have Atma-Sphere M60 amps and finally lucked into the matching MP-3 preamp. As good as the Modwright is, the MP-3 was a better match, and I can't afford to keep the LS 100. I'm happy to answer any questions, and I'm open to offers. This is a great preamp; you won't be disappointed.

More pictures on request, or see my AudioAsylum ad here:

https://www.audioasylumtrader.com/ca/listing/Preamplifier-Tube/Modwright/LS-100/...

Library_-_1_of_4.jpeg
  IP Logged
armstdav
Seasoned Member

Re: FS: Modwright LS 100 line stage preamp
Reply #1 - 12/01/22 at 02:54:34

Price reduced to $2,500 plus shipping.

IP Logged
armstdav
Seasoned Member

Re: FS: Modwright LS 100 line stage preamp
Reply #2 - 12/10/22 at 01:45:29