03/29/24 at 15:41:53 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZMA 25th 2yo For Sale (Read 1774 times)
PDXDrew

ZMA 25th 2yo For Sale
11/13/22 at 23:55:43

Hello,
I am doing something I thought I would never do, and I wouldn't if the Sarah 300B would not have become available. I originally bought this amp to drive a pair of Tekton Moabs, and it did with great results. Since then I have switched to a pair of Lii Silver 10's. Due to the high efficiency of the Silver 10's, I've been wanting to try a really good set amp with them.
Amp will come with original case, original tube compliment, which included Mullard KT88.
Along with the following:
Synergistic Research Orange fuse
(4) Electro-Harmonics 6CA7
(4) Gold Lion KT88 (New Stock)
(4) National 7DJ8
(4) Cryotone ECC88
(2) Telefunken E88C
(2) RCA 5687 NOS Bronze Plate 1963
(2) Amprex 12AU7
This is a stash of some pretty darn good tubes.
A year ago a buddy of mine whom is an electrical engineer helped me bypass the volume control. The result was an increase in transparency. The amp has been in this state since and will ship this way. I reached out to Steve about the mod, and he said the warranty will still transfer if the buyer chooses. The terms that were quoted for the transfer were approximately 10% of a new ZMA, and the price of a new tube compliment.
The amp has less than 500 hours on it and all tubes have no more than 300 hours on them. Buyer pays shipping, warranty transfer if desired, and cost to revers attinuator if desired.
                                 ASKING PRICE $5900
     Zen Mystery Amp with Tube Compliment $6,775.00    (original price)
                                          Voltage: 110/120 Volts
                                             Wood: Black Figured
                                   Volume Control: Smooth action volume control
                                            Knobs: Gold Knob
                              Output Transformers: For 4 ~ 8 ohm speakers
                                           Inputs: Single-Ended RCA inputs
                                             Mods: Beeswax Bypass Mod - adds $400
                                             Mods: Glass Resistor Mod - adds $280
                                             Mods: Nichicon NX cap Mod - adds $400
There is one very small indent (impression) on the front left portion of the base. The base wood under the finish does not show through. I never noticed it until I took the picture for this posting. It is shown in one of the images below.
Thank you,
Drew

IP Logged
PDXDrew

Re: ZMA 25th 2yo For Sale
Reply #1 - 12/13/22 at 14:33:31

Hello-
For the asking price, I will cover the cost of shipping to Decware for warranty transfer, and I will cover any costs associated with reconnecting the volume control.

Thank you for your consideration,
Drew

IP Logged
PDXDrew

Re: ZMA 25th 2yo For Sale
Reply #2 - 03/10/23 at 19:04:25

Sold- Thank you Charles!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print