03/29/24 at 06:19:50 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Speaker jumpers (Read 1019 times)
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Speaker jumpers
10/11/22 at 10:46:33

I'm now the proud owner of ZFOCUS cables, but they are bi-terminated, while all my speakers have quad binding posts. Some came with fairly dodgy-looking jumper clips that I would not use.

So, I need jumper cables. I spent way too much time on the web looking around at jumpers. There seem to be 2 price points, about $9 each and north of $25 all the way up.

"Made with Real Good Materials" is about the only info available (rhodium, wow). I have to say, I'm tired of buying peripherals where I basically have to infer quality from price. Makes me feel even dumber than I am.

It struck me, why not just use jumpers made with your same speaker cable?

Seems like DW doesn't want to be a kustom kable and terminate-to-order operation like GR Research, but wouldn't this be something to look at? I'd happily pay for ZFOCUS jumpers since it would seem to make sense to use the same cable.

DW offers jumpers for amps, but they are spade to spade which is not what I'd choose.

Or maybe we could just order non-terminated cable in custom lengths...?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Speaker jumpers
Reply #1 - 10/11/22 at 11:51:30

After several bits of experimentation I settled on Duelund DCA AC0.4 0.4mm silver wire as "jumper cable." Delicate and with some binding posts perhaps a bit tricky to install but a very neutral and effective wire to use.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Yakatak
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 10/12/22 at 05:21:15

Pine Tree Audio has a nice selection of jumpers.

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/12/22 at 05:38:21

Thank you!I had forgotten about these guys (or gals).

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print