Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UFO25 Question (Read 561 times)
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

UFO25 Question
09/07/22 at 13:20:49

From the UFO25 page:

"This approach cleans the high voltage power beyond what is possible with external power re-generators. In fact it's like listening to batteries with bottomless current."

So no need for a special power cable or purifier?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: UFO25 Question
Reply #1 - 09/07/22 at 14:12:39

I'm not sure I know how to "qualify" that statement. I will say that the voltage regulation definitely does help to change the electrical nature of the tube power supplies and give an amazing tool set to fine tune the sound. And I use my amps and pre-amps and ZROCK2s with the Anniversary Mods with a power regenerator and the regenerator certainly, in my opinion, improves the overall sound. Many might find that improvement. .. superfluous perhaps, or questionably audible, I've seen that in reviews and impressions, but for me comparing to just plugged into a wall, the improvements are real and desirable. Same with power cord comparisons. . . clearly audible improvements with some over basic IEC cables.

I haven't heard the UFO25, but my pair of SE84UFO3 Monoblocks with the Anniversary Mods sure sound great, and respond with clarity and dynamic contrast to power treatment such as a regenerator and power cabling.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #2 - 09/07/22 at 14:24:52

Anything and everything you do to improve the quality of your power improves the sound. JMO.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
alper_yilmaz
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/07/22 at 14:59:24

I do not know the physics behind cleaning AC and a lot of people say when AC is converted to DC there should not be an issue with “dirty” power.  However, I use filters by Black Noise and Stein Music, as well as power cables by DHA Labs, and the outcome is like night and day!  The backgrounds are much darker, the details are finer and the soundstage is much deeper with these filters.  And this is based on some blindfold listening tests, not on some audio hoax…

Mac Mini
Audirvana
Rega RP6 w/ Ania Pro & Rega Fono MC MK4
Rotel RCD1070
Hegel HD30 & Copland DAC215
Fezz Audio Mira Ceti 300B, Decware SE84UFO25, Decware SE34I.2+ & Copland CTA405
ProAc D28, B&W DM630 & Rega RS1
Stein & BlackNoise filters
DH Labs cables
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/07/22 at 17:36:45

When I had my P3 regenerator the cable feeding the regenerator made a significant difference. Changing the fuse on the regenerator offers an improvement too.

If you peruse the PS Audio forums. There is a long discussion about how the power before the regenerator changes the sound.

Different VR tubes, example 0A3 made by different manufactures offer subtle changes to the sound.

My experience is better power cables, outlets, house wiring and connection to the mains power transformer all make a difference.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print