04/25/24 at 12:41:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
subwoofer (Read 1174 times)
kevinS
Verified Member

subwoofer
08/22/22 at 01:30:26

Hey everybody. Can you or do any of you run a subwoofer with a dedicated subwoofer amp connected to UFO25? What's the easiest strategy? What's the best strategy?

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: subwoofer
Reply #1 - 08/22/22 at 14:57:22

Just run a second pair of speaker cables to the high level (speaker level) inputs of the subwoofer amp.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
kevinS
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/23/22 at 02:10:12

thank you for responding. I feel silly for asking such a question. Thats how I ran my solid state receiver.           Got my new to me UFO25 home yesterday, new baby, so delicate, can't believe my fortune. Connecting things, anticipation. Pretty sure my pulse was accelerated. First time for me with tubes, everything was kid gloves. Checking out the manual, part of the process. I see at the bottom of the loudspeaker page, ' forget about powered subwoofer' meaning the amp can do it. I misconstrued, 'whoa, maybe there's something different with tubes' gohttps://www.decware.com/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/undecided.gifesOverl... protective 'wait'. So the paranoid motivation. I should just get over it. Ridiculous. I should just key it. https://www.decware.com/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/wink.gif[smiley=vrolij... Grin Grin Wink

IP Logged
kevinS
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 08/24/22 at 01:24:56

that was a bad joke. nothing funny there. Anyway, nothing but more goodness and beauty since this came home Sun. More grip, more grunt, and more clarity at the same time. Falling in love with the Betsys all over again.  :)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print