Send Topic Print
Vacation (Read 1000 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Vacation
08/02/22 at 04:28:02

I was lucky enough to get nearly the whole family including grandkids on a 1 week family vacation to the lake in Minnesota, less 2 days of driving... it was a first for the grandkids and the last time the family came to these stomping grounds was when Sarah was around 10 years old! These were my stomping grounds as kid for 5 weeks every summer while my dad (and the rest of us) built his dream house on the lake. This was the 50th anniversary since he and my mother purchased the lot and while he is no longer with us, she is and in good health so it was a wonderful time to bring together so much family in her honor.

The lake is a slice of paradise for 2 months every year with baking hot temperatures during the day, cooler evenings and warm water.  I took my small 4K drone and was able to get some arial footage over the lake of the kids tubing for the first time.

If you have 4K display and turn the video up to 4K, it is pretty mesmerizing on a large screen.  For me the whole trip was worth it for this view of the lake which I have never seen until now.   When not in 4K it looses the cool factor and starts to become just a blue lake.

https://youtu.be/d3KiDPNKGPs

Steve

Anyway after smashing it all the this week, I will be shifting gears on Wednesday with 3 straight days of critical listening with Randy from Caintuck Audio for the main purpose of evaluating the new 300B amp aka Sarah. That will be equally therapeutic.

BTW, my wife and daughters are in possession of the 11 second captain splat video where I was showing them how to take off from the dock behind a new pontoon boat.  See the last time I did this with a pontoon boat (45 years ago), the boat was a serious dog.  In fact that's why we had to start from the dock and have 3 to 4 coils of slack in the rope so the boat can get a real run for it before it snaps you off the dock.  Well, today's shit has some real balls -- I found out -- so after amazing everyone with that I happily started in the water.   They play the video on repeat until they can't breath.  

WWW   IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Re: Vacation
Reply #1 - 08/02/22 at 05:07:41

Blue water must be one of the prettiest sights in this world.
I thank You for sharing.

Brian

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 08/02/22 at 05:22:35

The video actually came up on my YouTube feed 20 min ago. Looks you guys had a great time! Thanks for sharing!

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
BicycleJoe Lo-Fi
Seasoned Member

It's all in one
note, Just Listen

Reply #3 - 08/02/22 at 16:45:29

I Love It

Hiawatha’s Childhood by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

By the shores of Gitche Gumee,
By the shining Big-Sea-Water,
Stood the wigwam of Nokomis, Daughter of the Moon, Nokomis.
Dark behind it rose the forest,
Rose the black and gloomy pine-trees, Rose the firs with cones upon them; Bright before it beat the water.
Beat the clear and sunny water, Beat the shining Big-Sea-Water.
There the wrinkled old Nokomis Nursed the little Hiawatha. Rocked him in his linden cradle, Bedded soft in moss and rushes ...

"Once there was a note, pure and easy,playing so free like a breath rippling by,the note is eternal, I hear it, it sees me,forever we blend and forever we die".
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print