Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 11:00:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Balanced direct to Zen or use ZROCK (Read 704 times)
metropolis7
Seasoned Member

Balanced direct to Zen or use ZROCK
07/13/22 at 19:52:38

I had been running a Cambridge CXN V2 straight into a SE84 which is configured with balanced inputs. I found no fault with it, but did find a lot of hi-rez files sounding thin and threadbare. Now, I have added a ZROCK into the mix, so CXN V2 > ZROCK > Zen Amp using unbalanced connection throughout.
This ZROCK improved the sound significantly, however, part of me still wants that true balanced connection from source to amp.
Any workaround or thoughts on adding a ZROCK to the mix while retaining a balanced signal?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Balanced direct to Zen or use ZROCK
Reply #1 - 07/13/22 at 21:36:58

I've been pondering this and I believe it would require a custom build of a ZBIT, possibly in a wider chassis. In case Steve doesn't see this thread (a distinct possibility) it may be best to contact Steve and see if he could produce a custom unit for you.

The other way I could see this achieved would be with TWO ZBITs, one to convert to RCA for the ZROCK 2 and one to convert the RCA output of the ZROCK2 into XLR for the amp. Steve can configure the ZBIT in either direction, XLR>RCA and RCA>XLR.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print