Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 03:24:28 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware SE84UFO Zen For Sale (Read 2207 times)
drD
Verified Member

Decware SE84UFO Zen For Sale
06/08/22 at 23:55:28

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Decware SE84UFO Zen For Sale
Reply #1 - 06/09/22 at 14:30:21

Is that an Early American style plinth? I hope he ships the tubes separately to avoid damage.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Clev
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 06/09/22 at 18:49:17

Custom made plinth nice!

IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/09/22 at 21:08:46

Hey drD. I’m interested in purchasing the amp. Pm me or send me an email if you’re interested. Thanks

IP Logged
drD
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 06/10/22 at 08:31:47

Yea, I'd say it's probably an early American design since I made it. Earthbound, thanks, I got your guest message on Audiomart. There was another gentleman nearby who is a member of Audiomart that's apparently local and interested. I received many responses but most were out of state and I'm quite exhausted reading through them all not to mention some of the strangest questions and even a few lowball offers that were laughable. I'm not even going to respond to such ridiculous offers. Next time I place an ad for something like this, I'm going to put some strict guidelines in them to avoid all this mess but I didn't expect so many responses in such a short period of time.

I got several responses for the Alan Eaton 45 monos which I have not replied to yet but what cracks me up more than anything is that people really have no idea how amazing those 45 monos are in fact I actually prefer them over this Zen. I admit the Zen is a wonderful little amp but these people have no idea there are other wonderful sounding amps in the same single ended power class as the Zen. This whole thing has been caused by popular YouTube hosts who finally reviewed the UFO amps.

These YouTubers waste too much time on popular marketed gear which quite frankly sounds like c...p if I'm being perfectly honest. I think Andrew Robinson on YouTube, Thomas Stereo are amazed at how nice these Zen amps are and I'm thinking, hello? where have you guys been for the past several years? I agree, they do sound amazing, but it proves how very few of these YouTubers have actually reviewed some really good, handmade amps like these Zen's but there are still others worth mentioning.

This market is a complete circus show. You would think with the experience these guys have they would have tested more esoteric gear like Kevin at Glow in the Dark Audio reviews and instead it's just all this dime a dozen imported, marketed c...p. This is why I mainly rely only on Kevin's reviews at Glow in the Dark Audio because he really knows way better than these YouTubers. He's a true audiophile but more like an audio monk style who isn't into all that mass production garbage.

Kevin tests all sorts of amazing tube amps that none of these YouTubers have even heard. Gosh, the whole thing is such a shame, all because people get sucked into all the marketing hype. Sorry to sound so hard but jeez, this industry and many of its followers seriously need to wake up and smell the coffee. Anyway, if this local sale doesn't go through Earthbound, I'll let you know. Thanks again you guys. ---daniel

IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 06/10/22 at 11:08:09

Thanks drD. I appreciate the reply.

IP Logged
drD
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 06/13/22 at 00:25:11

SOLD!