Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 04:05:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Would the Tor II Jr v2 be for me? Please help me! (Read 1382 times)
Eduardo
Verified Member

Would the Tor II Jr v2 be for me? Please help me!
05/10/22 at 22:12:41

Hi there, I have a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G rated 90.5 db 4-8 Ohms. They are powered by a McIntosh MA252 hybrid integrated amp. I would like to experience a full tube amplifier, so I was looking for the Tor II Jr V2. However,  I am not sure about doing it, would I get a different musical experience worth the investment? Maybe it would be better to built a different system with the UFO2 and sensitive speakers for another room? This is something subjective, but I would like to have some advise.

Thanks E.

IP Logged
derekinla
Verified Member

Re: Would the Tor II Jr v2 be for me? Please help me!
Reply #1 - 05/13/22 at 18:19:46

I am on the list for a Torii Jr V2 as well. With 20 watts, the Torii will presumably get you 12dB of volume at 1 meter. 90 dB speakers are above average in terms of sensitivity and assuming a listening distance of 6 feet or so, and a loss of 6 dB at that distance, you'll be able to get sound pressure levels into the mid to high 90's+ which is plenty loud. I think the Torii Jr will allow for more flexibility and options if you choose to upgrade your speakers. With the SE84 or Rachel, you're more limited in what type of speakers will work.

IP Logged
Eduardo
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 05/13/22 at 20:59:13

Thank you for your reply. I think you are right, The Tor II would be able to manage my speakers well enough and even others less sensitive. The thing is that I am having second thoughts about how different sound would be, since I have never had a full tube amplifier and currently I have an hybrid one. But I thing at the en of the day, that would be a matter of taste.

Cheers, E

IP Logged
Eduardo
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 05/14/22 at 00:23:34

Thank you for your reply. I think you are right, The Tor II Jr V2 would be able to manage my speakers well enough and even others less sensitive. The thing is that I am having second thoughts about how different sound would be, since I have never had a full tube amplifier and currently I have an hybrid one. But I thing at the end of the day, that would be a matter of taste.

Cheers, E

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print