Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 01:42:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Forums Search Function (Read 1254 times)
DowdyPrime
Verified Member

Forums Search Function
05/06/22 at 00:04:21

Hi all. The search function of the forums seems to be down. Is this just me?

(While we are at it. The search function is also very permissive. For example, it searches people’s signatures and the content of posts together. So, for example, if I search for Zrock, the results include all posts by anyone who has Zrock in their signature, whether or not Zrock is in the post. Does anyone know if there is a syntax to make searches less permissive?)

Waitlist Member!
For now: Technics 1200MK2, Jolida 9A preamp, Pi2AES streamer, Bifrost Gen 1 DAC, Chord Mojo Gen 1, Reisong A10, Peachtree Decco65, Zu Audio Dirty Weekend Omens, Monitor Audio Silver 6s. Monoprice/Morrow cables.
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Re: Forums Search Function
Reply #1 - 05/06/22 at 01:04:57

Search is down for me too. Even when the search function is working it's rough to use.

An option that is a little complex but powerful is to use a search engine to search the website.

in your browser type:

site:https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22 zrock

Basically the search engine will only look at the specified website. After the space is the search term. In the example above, the search term is "zrock"

You will still get people's posts that have zrock in their signatures. Even with that I find it much easier to find things on the forum using this method.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
DowdyPrime
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 05/06/22 at 02:48:09

Nice! Thanks.

Waitlist Member!
For now: Technics 1200MK2, Jolida 9A preamp, Pi2AES streamer, Bifrost Gen 1 DAC, Chord Mojo Gen 1, Reisong A10, Peachtree Decco65, Zu Audio Dirty Weekend Omens, Monitor Audio Silver 6s. Monoprice/Morrow cables.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #3 - 05/06/22 at 04:19:41

That auxiliary search function at the top of the header has been disabled and removed.  However the main search function at the bottom of the header with the buttons, still works and only searches the forum and does it far better.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/06/22 at 04:47:12

I had that problem too, re every mention of the search term in the signature.

The search box at the top right of this page will do that. But forum member 'will' once mentioned that there is another search box located in the center of this page, below the big DECWARE logo, right beneath the date / time.

That search omits the signatures entirely, so then avoiding the 'false positives'.

While we're here, going down the list of parameters;

By user-                       any poster

Choose the board(s) . . . -     Check all

Fields to search-                 check both boxes

This post was made in the last... -   (all posts)

default of 500 max posts

Display only one result per thread?-   check the box

On that last item; if I leave it blank it goes back to 08/14/20 for zrock2. If I check that box it goes back to 08/08/17.

You only need one message to access the whole thread, so then avoiding thread redundancy and obtaining more accessible results.

IP Logged
DowdyPrime
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 05/06/22 at 07:40:25

Thanks, Steve and Edsonic. That's great to know. Silly me for overlooking that...

Waitlist Member!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print