04/27/24 at 00:40:42 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pi2AES Stramer (Read 4347 times)
Beerfab

Pi2AES Stramer
03/02/22 at 22:30:10

All,
I have just built a Pi streamer with a Pi2AES hat.  Running volumio and I opened a Qobuz account.  I downloaded the Qobuz ap and the Volumio ap.  I can see the streamer through volumio but cant connect to qobuz through it.  throught he Qobuz ap I can send music to the streamer through airplay only.  

I don't know why I cant run Qobuz through volumio on the ethernet.

Can anyone help me out on this?

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Re: Pi2AES Stramer
Reply #1 - 03/03/22 at 01:01:28

Hi Beerfab,

With both apps open go into Volumio under playback options go to hit save in the volume options that will reset the player. This helps with Tidal sound output options IE the Tidal connect output. Sorry never tried Qobuz. Running a Pi 4 no hat just usb to usb on Schiit Bifrost. Tidal connect only works with Volumio Premium. So basically when I reset the player my Volumio player shows up in sound output on The Tidal app. Once in a while I have to do this.

IP Logged
CJinArcadia
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 03/03/22 at 01:07:49

Are you running the free version of Volumio or Premium? You must have Premium to access Qobuz from Volumio.

If you are running Premium, have you ticked the settings in Volumio to tell it to use Qobuz and submit your Qobuz login info?

Chris

Raspberry Pi/allo DigiOne streamer/server; MHDT Orchid DAC, Unique Audio tube pre; diy Curtis Spud amp; anticable & diy cables; diy Betsy(alnico) & Buck speakers
  IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 03/03/22 at 01:30:51

If you have at least a virtuoso account you should be able to.  Do you have volumio 3.  If so, you must first log on to your Qobuz account on same computer or network you have volumio open connected.  I am using same laptop for both.  Once you have logged on to Qobuz. You go to "Sources" and scroll down to Qobuz.  It should say that you are logged on.  Depending on where you play your Qobuz (laptop or android or iphone), you select volumio and you should be able to play....HTH

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Beerfab

Reply #4 - 03/03/22 at 15:04:36

I did buy the premium Volumio subscription.  logged into Qobuz through volumio but after that it just doesn't connect.  I try the things you all have suggested.  

Other option would be to try Moode I guess.  I only use the one system so not looking to complicate it.

IP Logged
Beerfab

Reply #5 - 03/03/22 at 15:05:42

Thank you all!

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/03/22 at 15:45:21

Did you get it to work?

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Beerfab

Reply #7 - 03/03/22 at 19:14:41

not yet.  Ill mess with it tonight

IP Logged
CJinArcadia
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 03/06/22 at 03:34:37

Any success yet?

Is it only Qobuz that isn’t working?

It’s been a while since I set up my Pi player with Volumio, but it seems like there were a couple of settings that needed to be turned “on” for Quobuz, and I think that I needed to restart my player.

Hoping that you’ve already gotten your tunes playing!

Chris

Raspberry Pi/allo DigiOne streamer/server; MHDT Orchid DAC, Unique Audio tube pre; diy Curtis Spud amp; anticable & diy cables; diy Betsy(alnico) & Buck speakers
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/09/22 at 03:08:55

Beerfab

Make sure you keep Volumio up to date.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/14/22 at 21:16:21

Anybody know if Volumio is still offering virtuoso option for an account?

IP Logged
CJinArcadia
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 03/16/22 at 01:06:46

My understanding was that they’d let us keep that level if we already had it (which I thankfully do), but they were not offering it any more for new subscriptions.
Chris

IP Logged
Beerfab

Reply #12 - 03/21/22 at 19:15:42

OK.  So it is the same as it was.  Qobuz will airplay to the streamer but the volumio app does not access my qobuz account.  I will try to reinstall the latest volumio on the streamer.

IP Logged
Beerfab

Reply #13 - 03/21/22 at 19:17:16

I signed uo for virtuoso not too long ago.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print