Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 07:05:12 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kable Karma 3 - Kaplan Cable GS Power Cord (Read 3292 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Kable Karma 3 - Kaplan Cable GS Power Cord
02/24/22 at 15:59:50

Greetings Decware Forum Members,

I am pleased to offer a deserving member an exceptional 6' Kaplan Cable GS power cord as a gift. Paul Kaplan who brought these cables to the market was a good friend and fellow poster on the Audio Circle forum. He designed and built specialized medical power delivery equipment, and audio equipment in his later years  Unfortunatetly Paul passed several years ago. I had the fortune of beta testing many of Paul's cables.

I've used the power cord on power amplifiers (both solid state and tube), digital source equipment (TRL modded Pioneer CD player) and most recently to my Pi Audio UberBUSS power conditioner which is hooked up to all my source equipment and preamplifier. It is a neutral sounding cord which provides an exceptional level of detail retrieval, spacious soundstage, and is absolutely quiet (no harshness) even on digital equipment. It's a great power cord for almost any application including an amplifier, digital source, power conditioner, preamp, etc.

The cord is 6' long with 15 amp terminations. It's a fairly heavy cable but flexible. All 6N copper wiring, I'm guessing it's 9 gauge cable. Snugs tightly to AC receptacles and I.E.C. outlets on my equipment. Paul offered this cable for ~$950 back in the day.

Due to weight and size, I am asking that the recipient cover USPS priority mail costs of $15.00 for shipping. Lower U.S. 48 states shipping only, unless you wish to pick up the full shipping costs.

Just a few rules:

- You must have at least 5 posts on the forum.
- No PM's please, simply post a reponse below w/ information on your equipment set up.
- After one week of so I'll select one forum member to receive the cables.
- Please note this give away is designed to help out newbies early in their audio journey.
- Previous Kable Karma winners are not eligible.
- If all goes well with round 2, I will be offering up additional cables and tweaks.

Other Decware forum members are encouraged to join in the fun and offer some freebies up.

Regards,

HK

PXL_20211109_172302540_compress0.jpg

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: Kable Karma 3 - Kaplan Cable GS Power Cord
Reply #1 - 02/24/22 at 17:41:30

More pictures below.

PXL_20211109_172137209_compress45.jpg

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/24/22 at 17:42:33

One more.

PXL_20211109_172221036_compress25.jpg

IP Logged
Gmidstokke
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/24/22 at 21:36:40

I seem to have stumbled upon this forum at the correct time. I'm a newbie who saw some decware reviews on youtube after getting into tube amplifiers for headphones. let me get more active on here to get to 5 posts total.

I've got a long journey ahead of me in order to get a proper tube setup for my speakers, but here is what I am currently working with. I have been spying on this forum for a used Decware amp, but they get snatched up within the hour it seems like.

Kef LS50 Meta
Topping D90
Emotiva XPR-200
Amazon 12 guage speaker wire and stock power cables LOL

Grant

IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #4 - 02/25/22 at 02:25:41

Like other members of this forum, I'm currently waiting for an UFO and a zrock.

In the meantime my system is:
amp: tubecube7
TT: rega rp3
cartridge: denon dl 103
phono stage: moon 110lp v2
cd: consonance cd120 linear
dac: music hall 25.2
speakers: klipsch heresy 2
speaker cable: canare 4s8
interconnect: canare lv61-s
input switch: schiit sys

I wrote on the forum about it but I had a el34 tube amp that required too much maintenance. I was planning to keep it until I receive the ufo but once again something broke so I decided to sell it instead of repairing it. I bought the tubecube7 shortly after and I'm very happy with it.

So if I'm the lucky winner, the cable will be used on the tubecube7 and later on , either with the UFO or the zrock  (wherever it makes the most difference.

(also I live in canada so I will cover full shipping)

Michael

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 02/25/22 at 09:32:04

For all those who aren't lucky enough to benefit from such a generous offering I'd like to propose a cheap experiment and get some responses.

I have a SE84UFO with the copper capacitor upgrade pushing a pair of Speaker Lab corner horns and to me it is an excellent sounding system.  I'm know as cost adverse (cheap) and purchased a pair of Amazon Chinese power cables for my amp and my DAC.  While they may have sounded better than the plastic computer cable I had around the house the real difference was when I put a 3 to 2 prong cheater plug on the ends.  It was explained to me that the interference injected from all my appliances, dimmers and other electrical devices through the common ground was eliminated. To my ears it did tighten and deepen the bass and improve clarity so it was $6 well spent.  I personally don't believe that this is a shock hazard as my toaster and hair dryer are only two prong and in my old house all the plugs were only two prong (which is why I had the adapters) but be warned I'm not an electrician and don't even play one on TV.

I probably don't qualify as a newbie but that said I'm still feel I'm on my sound journey and fortunately or unfortunately don't see an end in sight.

If you give it a try I'd love to hear your experience.

Cheers

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: Kable Karma 3 - Free Kaplan Cable GS Power Cord
Reply #6 - 02/27/22 at 16:42:40

Bump for some weekend eyeballs.

HK

IP Logged
DowdyPrime
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 03/01/22 at 16:57:18

Hi HK,
Thanks for the generous offer! I'm super excited to see what tweaks you have in store, since that sort of stuff excites me most.

So... my audiophile trip began in 2020. I've only had big-producer solid state amps in the past. They were always paired with a 20-something year-old Klipsch bookshelf speakers that I bought when I got my first job, right after I got a Technics 1200MKII with Orfofon 2M stylus that I've kept replacing. I've had numerous pass-me-down phono amps along the way, but got a Jolida 9A phono amp sometime around 2011. That's been my setup forever. On the recommendation of the online reviewer crowd, I got a Reisong A10 in 2020 to delve into tubes. Man, I was really blown away by how different it sounded. That's how it started. The next step was a 1st gen Bifrost DAC (not R2R), and in the past year I received a pair of Zu Dirty Omens (turntable unchanged). I'm a tinkerer, so I had around a raspberry pi doing some home-automation. I repurposed it as a music streamer, which is how I use the DAC. But all this just made me curious what a higher-end amp would do, and I'm on the waitlist for the 25th Anniversary Zen Triode. Everything else is generic (power cords, interconnects, all from monoprice or the originals that came w/ the equipment).

I've never experimented with power products, so super curious what a good power cord can do, on any of this equipment, and on the 84UFO, in about a year...

Thanks for being so gracious.

Waitlist Member!
For now: Technics 1200MK2, Jolida 9A preamp, Pi2AES streamer, Bifrost Gen 1 DAC, Chord Mojo Gen 1, Reisong A10, Peachtree Decco65, Zu Audio Dirty Weekend Omens, Monitor Audio Silver 6s. Monoprice/Morrow cables.
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 03/05/22 at 14:58:51

MichaelG is the recipient of the Kaplan GS power cord. Thanks for all those who have expressed interest. I am signing off the Decware Forums so this will be the last offering, at least for several months.

Best to all.

HK

IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #9 - 03/05/22 at 15:52:59

Thank you so Much HK!!!
I look forward to add it to my system and will comment here to share my impressions.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 03/05/22 at 16:29:48

Best to you HK. Understood.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
chapsjon
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 03/05/22 at 16:44:10

I am hopeful that self-moderation will prevail. I am AD military. I don't come here for anything but a place of refuge, a place where I can pursue and learn about my passion: music and it's reproduction.

While I don't come for political discourse, I also don't want Steve spending time on moderation. His focus needs to remain on making the equipment we all love.

I ask for some self-moderation. If you want to share your non-musical opinion or want to vent, that is understandable. We all need that from time to time. Find an appropriate venue.

Thanks, Jon.

LR:Mini Torii+Wright WPP100 phono, CSP2+SE84UFO, Pioneer Exclusive M4, Accuphase E-303,Graham Slee Jazz Club, Technics SL-1200MK3D Grace F-8 & Nagaoka MP-110, Yamaha NS-1000M, KEF Reference 101, Sony SS-5050
BR: SE84C+, ZP1 phono, Decware 945
JVC QL-7 Shure V15
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #12 - 03/05/22 at 17:10:55

HockessinKid wrote on 03/05/22 at 14:58:51:
MichaelG is the recipient of the Kaplan GS power cord. Thanks for all those who have expressed interest. I am signing off the Decware Forums so this will be the last offering, at least for several months.

Best to all.

HK

I've been thinking the same thing HK.

Time to step away from this place. I don't come here to argue about "Outside" things.

One or two "newbies" have ruined my time here lately.

I guess that before I go I should offer to moderate the site, but it is much easier to just walk away from people who have no idea of decorum.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #13 - 03/06/22 at 06:35:00

Quote:

Best to all.

HK

Rodger,

I can understand the separation for a while.  I have been quiet lately myself due to being immersed in my home renovation.  Heck… my listening sessions have sadly even decreased due to the project.  

I still read the forums on a semi regular basis, but just have the time to give proper responses like I used to.   I myself probably have a few more months before I am back in the new house and can become more active on the forum like I used to be.

The forum will always be here…so while you will be missed, we look forward to your return.

Be safe and be well.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print