Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 00:46:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wood Workers in the New Jersey Area (Read 1497 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Wood Workers in the New Jersey Area
01/30/22 at 22:51:51

I am looking for someone to build a pair of giant double-stacked Acoustat speakers for a client of mine.  I have the 12 panels here that I can ship.  

As you can see, it will be expensive.

If interested in the job, you can email me directly:  Steve@zenamps.com

WWW   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: Wood Workers in the New Jersey Area
Reply #1 - 01/31/22 at 01:30:48

Steve ...I can ask my cousin if he would be up for the task.  He has a nice wood shop in his basement.  He has built a custom guitar, my humidor, and various other cabinetry projects.  Does he need to have experience in speaker building?  

Im going to send him this link to see if he’s interested.

Dominick

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/31/22 at 02:28:38

I would think he'd need a big jointer.  And a way out!

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #3 - 01/31/22 at 15:55:43

Yeah a big jointer for sure!!  We talked last night and I think he’s up for the task, but wants me to get more details.  He has actually has experience in building speakers, but none this large!  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 02/17/22 at 02:29:54

Well basically, the Acoustat speakers are going to be double stacked. So the frames would connect together to form around a 9 foot tall speaker similar to the one shown.

I think the thing to do is have someone create some blueprints so nothing is left to chance.  It is my understanding there will be four amplifiers involved and may be on shelves behind the speakers.  So picture two frames each holding 3 panels inside that interlock together.  This is the only way to get something that big into a high-rise building in NewYork.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print