03/28/24 at 12:06:11 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Layout (Read 1983 times)
CCAT707
Verified Member

Layout
01/30/22 at 16:51:41

Does anybody have a template that can be used for proper placement of the holes needed for tubes, etc, for top of a ZKIT1 enclosure?

IP Logged
Divasson
Verified Member

Re: Layout
Reply #1 - 01/30/22 at 21:18:26

I had the same problem when I assembled mine. I just took several photocopies of the board, and adhered with tape to the top of the amplifier enclosure. Then I could mark the holes and drill them.

I also bought a metal punch but ended up using conical drills of several sizes - that went faster and cleaner than the punch. It was my first project involving metal work!

WWW   IP Logged
CCAT707
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/31/22 at 15:01:59

Appreciate the follow up. Unfortunately my amplifier is completely assembled on a wooden base. It works beautifully, but I'm concerned about the open "hot" voltage points being exposed.  

IP Logged
nipsy
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/01/22 at 07:21:49

@ccat707 Could you post a picture or two of your board mounted amp ? I'm getting to the part where I'm ready to assemble and test and thought I would mount to a board first and then transfer to a chassis. I'm curious how you set yours up. Thanks in advance !

IP Logged
CCAT707
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 02/02/22 at 20:13:19

I left transformer leads long intentionally, should I solidify plans going forward.

Screenshot_2022-02-01_084119.png
  IP Logged
nipsy
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 02/03/22 at 01:34:13

Thanks for sharing that picture !  Your build looks nice. How does it sound ?  I like the way you attached the power cord iec connector to your board. I’ll get to install my transformers in two weeks and power it up. I like the simplicity of board mounting, but am also a bit worried about the high voltage.

IP Logged
jakemidd
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 02/09/22 at 21:31:26

I did the same thing and I ended up printing page 2 of the manual and played with the sizing to get it right.   Just have to remember to flip it the right way for your set up. (mine was upside down).

If I did it again, I'd make the marks before I soldered anything onto the board.

Main system
Yaqin MC13S
Cambridge Audio CNv2
Pro-Ject T1 (Ortofon 2M Blue)
Vincent Audio PHO-701 MM/MC Phonostage
Klipsch Heresy IV

Office System
Decware ZKIT1
HiFi Berry RPi streamer
Wharfdale Diamond 12.0
  IP Logged
CCAT707
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 02/09/22 at 23:52:19

Thanks! I did print via the method you suggested. A little playing around with print sizing, but got it to scale. Next time all plan ahead!
Thanks again!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print