Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 16:40:42 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kable Karma - Paying It Forward (Read 4290 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Kable Karma - Paying It Forward
01/11/22 at 13:59:33

Life has been good to me. I've been enjoying the audio hobby for many years and feel fortunate to have built a great sounding system based largely on Decware components.

I thought it might be helpful to those early in their audio journey, perhaps building their 1st or 2nd system to offer some free cables. Yes I said free. So here's the deal.

I am offering to send a forum member free of charge a used 1M Straight Wire Mega-Link II digital cable RCA-RCA terminations. Simply provide a brief response (no more than a couple paragraphs) below as to why you need the cable and how you plan to use it.

Just a few rules:

- You must have at least 5 posts on the forum.
- No PM's please, simply post a reponse below.
- After one week of so I'll select one forum member to receive the cable and mail it free of charge.
- Please note this give away is designed to help out newbies early in their audio journey.
- If all goes well, I have other cables and tweaks I'll be offering up.

Other Decware forum members are encouraged to join in the fun and offer some freebies up.

Cheers,

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
ChrisC

Re: Kable Karma - Paying It Forward
Reply #1 - 01/12/22 at 00:00:03

HK,

Nice touch and I'm likely not worthy but this cable would replace one of the weakest link in my system (between my Cambridge CXN  and CXC); currently connected with a piece of Chinese chickenwire (no offense to the Chinese or the chickens).  Am certain this will enhance  my system and likely feed my already growing obsession with sonic clarity.  First tube system; recieved Rachael in June of '21.  Had been researching for a long time and finally pulled the trigger as a "COVID-induced" hobby.  I bought an assortment of NOS tubes while waiting for 'my lady' to be built (including an absolutely awesome pair of Radiotron 807's from the Australian military and a few military spec 6n1p and 2p's from a nice Russian dude named Sergei) - Yes I'm hooked.  And BTW I have a ZROCK2 on order as well...... So that's my story; likely not the most compelling or original buy hey I was 1st.....

Cheers

ChrisC Smiley

CXC, CXN (MWI), ZROCK2, Aric Audio Unlimited, Rachael, Omega CAMs
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/13/22 at 02:21:19

The Cable Company told me just today that the blue jeans digital coaxial cable that I have between my streamer and dac is the weakest link in my system.  Well, that and stock power cords.  Didn’t realize blue jeans was that bad! He said that I haven’t really heard my system so now I am intrigued but as an owner of a new Schiit Freya tube preamp, I am also want to invest in NOS tubes vs. using stock JJs.  So, I have to choose whether to invest funds in tubes or getting a new digital coaxial cable.  Btw, I am in line for the Rachael but don’t expect to get it before Thanksgiving this year.  So, I am tiptoeing my way in to the world of tubes right now and want to immerse myself further and this additional expense of investing in a better digital cable is really distracting.  Should also mention that I am fairly new to the 2-channel scene.  12 months ago, I didn’t have any speakers nor did I know what a DAC was.  Started buying stuff for my Home Theater setup thinking 95% movies and 5% music, but when I started listening to music on my Denon AVR, I was hooked and started investing more, including an integrated amp (Rega Brio), a streamer (Bluesound Node 2i), a DAC (Denafrips Ares II), a Proj-Jet Debut Carbon Evo TT (and Schiit Mani phonostage) and as of 3 weeks ago, sporting a Schiit Freya Plus preamp feeing Aegir monoblocks.  Quite a journey in 12 months but its been one helluva ride!

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Andrew77
Verified Member

Music heals the soul

Reply #3 - 01/16/22 at 21:14:24

This is not a component that I have a need for at this time, but I would like to comment that this is an incredibly nice gesture.  Happy new year and have a wonderful day.

Andrew

The Zen TORII MK4 // WiiM Pro Plus /w Tidal // Klipsch RP-600M
WWW   IP Logged
DA6469
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 01/16/22 at 22:03:35

HK,

Thank you for putting this up for someone to receive.

I am new to Decware, after hearing about the company from my cousin in Bloomington IL. In November, I put in my order for a Select.  Since NOV, I have done a lot of reading in the Forums and I bought a pair of used DM945s from anther Forum member. To keep me listening until the Select arrives, I bought a used Marantz receiver and Sony CD player on Facebook Marketplace and I will use my iPhone to stream music through the receiver. I have no cables right now and I would use this cable between the CD player and receiver.  When the Select arrives, then it would replace the Marantz.

Cheers,
Derek

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/17/22 at 05:00:50

I agree with Andrew. What a fantastic way to give back, Hk. Keep us posted how it goes. Maybe more of us can pool old gear for those needing it. I bet many of us have an excess collection we could bear to part with, and gain little from selling it…  and I would guess for all of us listening on high end systems life’s scales have been tipped in our direction.

IP Logged
nipsy
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 01/17/22 at 05:52:25

Hear, hear !  Thank you, HK for your generous offer and others for your support. I love the idea of the giveaway with stories of how you got here. Like others, I don't currently have a use for the cable, but can imagine one day having things to send out for free. Like the capacitors I bought to build my zkit1 that don't seem to fit or are somehow incorrect. I hate returning things, but love giving then away !  Live has been good...

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 01/17/22 at 13:33:43

Derek,

Thank you for your note. As I understand it you need a cable(s) to connect your CD player to your Marantz receiver. Does you CD player have a RCA digital output and your receiver a RCA digital input?

The reason I ask is that most older receivers have right and left channel (stereo) RCA inputs. Hooking up a CD player usually require a pair of interconnect cables.

I just need this clarification, as I want the cable to work properly for whoever will receive it.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 01/17/22 at 14:25:39

In about 10 years, when I'm 73 and I'm finally on the build list, I sure could use a set of good cables. Smiley   Hope someone smiled. Take care~

IP Logged
DA6469
Verified Member

Reply #9 - 01/17/22 at 15:19:47

HK,

Thank you for clarifying. I did not realize that you were giving away one digital cable.  I misread and thought it was a pair of RCA cables.  My fault.  I checked my receiver and it has a digital coaxial in and my cd player has a digital coaxial out.  They look just like RCA connections to me, but I trust the equipment labeling. I have used digital fiber optic lines between my cable box or CD player and receiver in old systems. After doing some research, I see that these two definitely look different.

Thank you,
Derek

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 01/18/22 at 12:27:10

Hey Roger,

You could send it too me for the sake of comparing it to a meter of Beldon Coax. I in turn will send it to your selected recipient. Too make it interesting, I will give honest impressions here on this thread.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #11 - 01/18/22 at 21:22:29

Hey HK- While I don't need another cable, I completely love this idea. Based on what I saw in storage, this is a great way to make a new home for someone getting started or looking for an upgrade and to re-home some items. Thanks for the idea and happy listening all, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 01/19/22 at 15:10:25

I am waiting on a response PM before posting the recipient. Stay tuned.

HK

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 01/19/22 at 18:51:32

Greetings everyone and thank you for your kind words and interest. I have selected Kamran to receive the 1m digital cable. I hope the cable works well in his system and he enjoys it.

I also found an additional unused digital cable which will be sent to Chris C. I believe will be a very good match for his equipment. Please enjoy it.

Given that I can't send a digital cable to Derek (DA6469), I hope that one of the Karma recipients or a forum member with an extra cable might PM him and offer a free cable.

Again thanks to all. The first round was fun. Next week I'll be offering up a pair of speaker cables, possibly through a separate Kable Karma thread. Paying it forward.

Best to all,

HK

IP Logged
DA6469
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 01/19/22 at 19:07:06

Congratulations to Kamran and ChrisC.

Thank you for the opportunity, HK.

Cheers,
Derek

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 01/19/22 at 19:15:44

Thank you for your generosity!  Honored to be selected and super excited to test this cable in my system. This is a great initiative and I hope it catches on so more rookies with limited budgets can experience high end goodness.

I hope to be able to pay it forward one day.

Kamran

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
ChrisC

Reply #16 - 01/20/22 at 01:36:49

HK,

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.....

Sincere thanks!

ChrisC  [smiley=tunes51.gif]

CXC, CXN (MWI), ZROCK2, Aric Audio Unlimited, Rachael, Omega CAMs
  IP Logged
s3steve

Reply #17 - 01/31/22 at 19:28:34

This is such a great forum and that is largely due to members like HK!

Kamram please report back on the changes to your system performance with the cable swap. I too have a BJ cable so I'm very interested to hear your report.

Thanks HK!

CSP3-25
SE34I.5
Ariston RD11
PS Audio GCPH with the Underwood upgrade
Bluesound Node N130
Altec 605B's in a 620 Cabinet / JBL 2402 / Markwart 605B Time Aligned Crossover
Omega Super 3 XRS
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 02/01/22 at 01:58:31

Sorry for being MIA. I have been so busy enjoying changes to my system that. I forgot to come back and post my impressions.  One thing I did notice for sure was transparency (or clarity?).  I am hearing some micro details that I swear I never heard before.  For example, on Dire Straits ‘You and Your Friends’, just sitting right behind the center vocals is a soft continuous cymbal hit. Maybe it was there before and I never realized it, but I can pick it out very distinctly from the vocals.  Soft, yet super crisp and clear.  Same general theme for other music I’ve played, the crispness, intelligibility, of the instruments is better/refined.  All in all, a much happy camper!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print