Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 19:03:02 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Apple Music boss - "our ears aren't that good" (Read 2627 times)
Melvin
Ex Member

Apple Music boss - "our ears aren't that good"
12/28/21 at 14:46:07

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Re: Apple Music boss - "our ears aren't that good"
Reply #1 - 12/28/21 at 15:11:24

This is more of a statement regarding Apple products as opposed to streaming quality. He didn't say what he used to compare... or a lot less likely I'm a 1%er.

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: Apple Music boss - "our ears aren't that good
Reply #2 - 12/28/21 at 15:33:29

Yeah, if you're listening on wireless ear buds in a bus I agree with him. I listen to MP3 in the car and I'm perfectly happy. I don't think he is talking about "us."

But here's my thing. The people who talk and write about fine wine or high performance cars don't talk about whether people "can tell the difference," as far as I know. These things are aspirational, like high fidelity music is to the people on these forums. It used to bother me, that somehow I needed to make excuses for caring about how my music sounds, but I've gotten over it. The number of people who both listen to music carefully, and care about quality sound reproduction is really small, compared to people who just want sonic wallpaper for their lives (not that there is anything wrong with it). That's why we're here.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Melvin
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/28/21 at 16:21:50

I was just a bit surprised considering Apple made a big deal out of their high-res streaming option. On the other hand, they do seem to be talking up their Spatial Audio quite a bit as of late. I don't think he's talking about us either, nor do I think he/Apple cares about audiophiles. Same with Spotify, who has seemingly dropped the high-res ball. No matter to me, I'll happily stick with Qobuz.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #4 - 12/28/21 at 20:29:00

I give Apple props for trying to give people something better, but this just confirms yet again what we already know: that audiophiles are a niche market. Fortunately there are still places like Decware that are able to make a business (and a booming one) serving our niche.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/29/21 at 02:54:25

Apple can go to hell, I reject them. Another “woke” jackass corporation, they support critical race theory and endorsed the lie of the black lives matter movement. They still use Chinese slave labor in the manufacture of their products. Tim Cook should be thrown in jail.

IP Logged
Dana
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 12/29/21 at 03:49:46

Hey iezoman
Tell us how you really feel, don't sugar coat it.   Smiley

Tom Waits:
And the newspapers were fooling,
And the ash-trays have retired
'Cause the piano has been drinking,
The piano has been drinking
The piano has been drinking,
Not me, not me, not me, not me, not me
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Re: Apple Music boss - "our ears aren't that good
Reply #7 - 12/29/21 at 04:50:19

We need to decouple from that evil communist regime, starting with all products relating to national security.

This is serious shit, the Chinese have already declared war on us and are in the midst of executing their plan to be the only superpower while the US plays tiddlywinks and braindead knucklehead Biden, who doesn’t even know where the hell he is most of the time, tells us they’re our competitors, not the enemy. If I were running the show, trade would be systematically phased out with that hellish regime.

IP Logged
Edsonic
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 12/29/21 at 06:13:46

Discussions / questions on all audio related topics

Talk of all things digital

Basic reading comprehension skills . . .

Some got'em, some don't.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 12/29/21 at 15:25:38

He does admit it takes a really good system to tell the difference unlike Apple's offerings. I don't really see or hear the advantages of Atmos other than a signature that gets old with time.

Over Christmas my 3 year old granddaughter got really animated (dancing) when in the Chariot listening to vinyl (Beatles White Album) saying "this sounds good". The other son in law said "good" when asked what he thinks as his feet were stomping and head bobbing. A request of Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" on vinyl from the granddaughters father got a sounds good despite its wore out condition.

Different ears bring different results. There is no denying the realistic clarity a Decware system can bring to the table of music reproduction. Apple can't sit at the table.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print