Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 23:53:36 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
No Sound Coming Out Of The Speakers!!! (Read 486 times)
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

No Sound Coming Out Of The Speakers!!!
11/25/21 at 17:14:26

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Was watching the Decware Tube Tot videos on YouTube and had a chuckle.  Towards the end of each video, Steve proudly puts this on the screen:

“You can’t hear sound coming out of the speakers with DECWARE amps!”

There has to be a Monty Python or Faulty Towers skit in there.  A guy waits 2 years for his amp to arrive, gets it all hooked up, and there’s no sound!  Calls Decware and is told, “yes, that’s by design” 😂😂😂

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: No Sound Coming Out Of The Speakers!!!
Reply #1 - 11/26/21 at 03:13:58

Yes, the amps you can't hear.

WWW   IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/26/21 at 03:22:47

The joke would be that no sound comes out at all 😂

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/27/21 at 13:39:41

Last week I had someone over to listen to the stereo. After the first song ended he said Wow! that's amazing... what kind of speakers are those? as he points to my diffusers. After the second song he was looking around for more than 2 speakers. He was still skeptical the music was coming from the actual speakers. hehe.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 11/27/21 at 14:39:24

Your friend must be blind. I see 10 speakers Grin

I love it when friends come over and the compliments just are repeated over and over. It really gets good when I start selecting the music!

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 11/27/21 at 16:55:06

It’s never a good thing when one must explain a joke 😂

I find it very funny how a sentence that makes glorious sense in audiophile parlance, would make almost no sense if taken literally outside of the audiophile universe.

The sentence “You can’t hear sound coming out of the speakers with DECWARE amps!” alludes to audiophile Nirvana.  But in actual literal english, that same sentence clearly references a defective amp. If we plug in an amp and you can’t hear any sound, then something is wrong.

The humor comes in by juxtaposing and contrasting the audiophile understanding vs the layman’s.

And from that point, a humorous skit could be created.  When I saw the impressive Tube Tot video and read Steve’s audiophile centric sentence, I could hear John Cleese in my head saying “yes, that’s right, none of our amps create any sound whatsoever” 😂

I couid see that juxtaposition being played out to great hilarity.  A poor fellow having waited 2 years for his amp, has no sound coming out, and like an artist who sells a blank canvass as an avant-garde masterpiece, he is told that yes, that’s right, our amps produce no sound 😂😂😂

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print