Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 19:14:48 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Original, prototype Rachael for sale...$1300.00 (Read 2181 times)
neac1976

Original, prototype Rachael for sale...$1300.00
11/16/21 at 03:00:00

Some background information first:  This add has been re-written since it first appeared Monday night thanks to information given to me by forum member Lin.  And, thank you also Lin for posting the two pictures.
1. On 3/6/2015 I purchased this used amp from a trusted forum member.  He told me that this was the prototype Rachael built by the man that designed the circuit for these particular amps.
2. On 4/1/2015 Steve inspected and transferred the amp's warranty to me  (I have the paid invoice from Steve himself describing it as  "inspected and tested unit-works fine").
3. I will include the set of tubes sent to me by the original seller and I will include the new set of tubes that Steve sent to me via the warranty transfer.
4. For years this amp just sat in my Decware collection without being played.  During the past two days, I have been listening to this amp and it sounds wonderful.  Kudos to The Master for making such wonderful products.
5. It is now time for me to pass this piece of equipment on to someone who will listen to it more than I do.
6. This amp shows four inputs and one tape input on the input selector, BUT ONLY ONE SET OF RCA CONNECTORS IS PRESENT ON THE BACK OF THE AMP (possibly because it was used as the prototype).  I now realize that this is just a Rachael with two volume knobs, the volume knob on the left side is marked "A,B,C,D and Tape", but again this is just a volume knob for the left side of the amp.
7. Again it has been playing continuously for more than six hours and performs as a Rachael should.
8. I am asking $1300.00 for the amp, both sets of tubes and insured fedex shipping to the new buyer.
9. If you are interested please p.m. me and I will send more pictures of the amp, the two sets of tubes, the original receipt and the warranty transfer from Steve to me.
10. I have sold several items on this forum before and have all positive reviews on Agon and U.S. Audiomart under the name "neac1976".
Thank you for looking at this piece of Decware history.
Mark

IP Logged
neac1976

Re: Original, prototype Rachael for sale...$1300.00
Reply #1 - 11/16/21 at 04:08:56

Lin,
I just sent you 7 pictures of the amp.
Mark

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/16/21 at 04:16:47

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/16/21 at 04:18:35

https://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/decwarese34i_e.html

Some info about this amp from Steve in the paper for the design of the SE34i.2:
"As you may or may not know, the original SE34I had the option of running 2 or 4 output tubes and a variety of switches that gave the user control over the signature of the amp.  When using all 4 output tubes in it's paralleled configuration the amp gave a healthy six watts per channel into 8 ohms.  However, in it's series configuration using all 4 tubes the power was reduced to around 2.5 watts per channel with tons of headroom."

" Many owners also enjoyed running the amp with only 2 output tubes (1 per channel). This single tube mode had exactly the same 2.5 watts per channel of output, but offered a degree of clarity only found in single tube designs."

IP Logged
neac1976

Reply #4 - 12/07/21 at 01:06:17

This Rachael has been sold.
Thank you Gerald and welcome to the forum.
Enjoy this piece of Decware history.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print