Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 11:28:16 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE84UFO2 Switching between RCA to XLR (Read 1213 times)
BJF
Verified Member

SE84UFO2 Switching between RCA to XLR
10/17/21 at 00:46:11

Hey everyone!

I have the XLR option, which I use to connect my DAC. I recently bought a turntable and phono preamp. I ran the L and R RCA outputs from the Phono preamp to two of the RCA inputs on the Zen Amp. My understanding is I should be able to switch between the XLR (DAC) and the one set of RCA's I'm using for the turntable. Switching between the XLR and RCA's isn't working the way I would expect. I know there must be something obvious I'm missing. I understand from the owner's manual that I can't use both sets of RCA's and the XLR. But my understanding is I should be able to switch between one set of RCA's and the XLR.

I have a silly question. There are two red RCA's on the right side of the amp and two white RCA jacks on the left side.  My limited experience on amps is that RCA jacks are paired: one red and one white together. On the Zen amp, how do i know which red goes with which white?

I may be over thinking all of this, but any clarification you can offer would be great!

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: SE84UFO2 Switching between RCA to XLR
Reply #1 - 10/17/21 at 17:01:26

We set up this amplifier as a mirror image. With respect to the input jacks, the inside pair is a set and the outside pair is a set.

There is a switch to select between the two sets.

When the XLR option is employed, the output from the XLR jack goes through a transformer and is connected in parallel with the inside set of RCA jacks.  You can use one or the other, but not both at the same time.

Steve : )

WWW   IP Logged
BJF
Verified Member

Re: SE84UFO2 Switching between RCA to XLR
Reply #2 - 10/17/21 at 18:48:00

Thank you, Steve. That helps clarify. Seems to be working well now. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print