04/23/24 at 20:10:30 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ZRock2 or ZBit (Read 1124 times)
effluviography
Seasoned Member

ZRock2 or ZBit
10/16/21 at 20:21:08

I'm running vinyl and digital into a CSP3 then into a Mini-Torii. Both sound good as is and I don't know that I need to do more, but you know, always looking to make things "better." Vinyl is the superior of the two right now - Pioneer PLX1000 with Ortofon 2M Black into a ZP3. Lots of body, texture, detail and musicality.

Would you get a ZRock2 and put it after a CSP3 to the Mini-Torii to change the sound of both the digital and vinyl sound. OR, would you get a ZBit to get the full balanced sound from the Denafrips Ares 2 into the CSP3 to make the digital more comparable to the vinyl?

Things sound great set up right now with all NOS tubes, decware cables and Omega Custom CAMS with Omega sub, so I don't want to upset the apple cart, but always looking for budget conscious improvements. Cheers for any thoughts you might have.

|| Mini-Torii & CSP-3 | Analog: ZP-3, Technics SL-1210GR & Ortofon 2m Black | Digital: Z-Box, Denafrips Ares 2, Iris DDC, Roon & Mac Mini | Omega CAM's & Deep-Hemp Sub | ZMF Atticus | 2x Emotiva CMX-6 | Decware Styx, Power & IC's | Supra Exc. USB | NOS Tubes ||
  IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Re: ZRock2 or ZBit
Reply #1 - 10/16/21 at 20:28:46

Honestly I'd get both (as I did), but if you have to choose one, I'd get the Zrock2 with anniversary mods. You'll have more adjustability between digital and vinyl. It will help tremendously with digital. And with those lesser than desirable vinyl recordings.

VPI Classic Signature | Koetsu Urushi Black | Bob's Sky 20 | ZP3 | Swiss Digital Fuse Box
DirectStream DAC (APS nickel transformers, Vocm mod)
ZTPRE | ZBIT | ZROCK2 | SE84UFO3
Omega Super 3 HO XRS | Deep 8
Zenwave D4 | PCR-11 | PI Audio Uberbuss
---
ZR 3
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: ZRock2 or ZBit
Reply #2 - 10/16/21 at 21:26:38

I don't know that the ZBit buys you very much. To me whether you difference the balanced signal on the way out of the Ares vs. on the way in to the CSP3 (and thru another pair of ICs and connections) doesn't seem like a big win for 700+ dollars. If it were me and my vinyl sounded better than my digital I'd look to spend the money to move up the Denafrips line to a better DAC. JMO of course.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print