Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 11:48:54 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CSP325 Owners Manual & Front Input Jacks (Read 1719 times)
Doug
Seasoned Member

CSP325 Owners Manual & Front Input Jacks
10/03/21 at 04:51:11

I sent my CSP3 with 25th mods to Steve a few weeks ago to have the headphone jacks and input controls removed, and to have dual volume controls and a pair of front input jacks added.  The modifications were completed and I received my preamp back today.  It looks beautiful and sounds beautiful.  In function, it is now virtually a CSP325.

My questions are these......
1) I have not been able to locate a CSP325 owners manual.  Is there such a thing?
2) How do you engage the two front input jacks?  Is there no switch on the CSP325 to turn on those front jacks?  Are they automatically engaged if interconnects are plugged into them?  I’m confused and a bit leery to try the front jacks without knowing exactly what I’m doing.

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
Creedsman
Verified Member

Re: CSP325 Owners Manual & Front Input Jacks
Reply #1 - 10/04/21 at 18:40:54

I inquired about the CSP325 manual a few weeks ago and was told mid September that it was still being worked on.

Regarding front Jack - It looks like there are are 4 settings on the input switch: 1. Mute, 2. A, 3. B, 4. Front. Front would be the front input jacks and A and B the corresponding rear pairs. I am not sure how this translates when a CSP3 is "modded" though.

IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Re: CSP325 Owners Manual & Front Input Jacks
Reply #2 - 10/18/21 at 04:00:06

[img][/img]
Got an answer from Steve a few days ago.  My CSP3 with 25th mods, and now with dual volume controls and front input jacks, is wired differently than a full blown CSP325, so a CSP325 owners manual wouldn’t apply to this situation.  In one regard, my CSP3 with 25th mods is actually wired better than a CSP325……..at least that’s the way I’m looking at it.  How is it better?  My front input jacks are wired directly to the dual volume controls with no switching.  Of course, this means that I can’t have anything plugged into the other two input jacks when I’m using the front jacks, but that’s fine with me.  

How does it sound now compared to before?  I believe that there is an increase in immediacy and that there is more speed than before, and the front jacks definitely provide better sound quality than the back jacks.  I am quite pleased with this additional modification.  My only regret is not having done this when I originally ordered the preamp.

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print