Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 20:27:40 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Lii Audio GLory S-10 Speakers (Read 3611 times)
Ghostship
Seasoned Member

New Lii Audio GLory S-10 Speakers
08/09/21 at 03:49:31

Lii Audio has a new speaker designed for the Silver 10 driver called the Glory S-10. It's stand-mounted and a little shorter than the Silver 10 Reference with two front ports instead of rear-ported.

"Glory S-10 is a new Lii design dedicated for Silver-10 flagship speaker units, the aim for this speaker is to achieve great transparency, accuracy and get an enclosure that is completely devoted for getting the best out of Silver-10. The notes are clean, fast and clearly identified while the overall stage being open and relaxing."

https://www.lii-audio.com/product/one-pair-silver-10-complete-speakers-hyper-tra...

$4200. Don't suppose anyone has been able to listen to them yet? I've emailed them to get some specs and dimensions.

I'm ready to buy the Silver 10 reference, but a slightly smaller form factor with near equal sonic characteristics would be better for my space...then again it is $1200 more expensive plus shipping....

Paul Pang Quad Network Switch & Fiber
MSB Premier DAC
Zen Sarah SEWE300B
Cryotone Bundle
Tekton 2-12 Perfect SET Speakers w/ BE Tweeters and Cap & Wiring upgrades
Tekton 2-10 Sub
  IP Logged
Ghostship
Seasoned Member

Re: New Lii Audio GLory S-10 Speakers
Reply #1 - 08/10/21 at 01:25:27

The Lii Audio Team sent me a great reply to my request to compare the sound characteristics of these two speakers, I thought I'd share it here:

"Actually the two designs are reflecting two different ideas of music performance.

"Silver-10 complete speaker, now named "Origin", was firstly designed with our Crystal-10 units. The volume is enough for the full range unit and the curved shape lets the sound wave cancel itself within, thus no damping is needed. In its design for performance, we calculated to let the box resonance coordinate with the sound projected from the driver unit, so as to make the resonance sounding in harmony with the main music stream, making the latter richer. This tech has been proven and acknowledged by many who have heard them including Steve.

"On the other hand, since the S-10 has better extension in both highs and bass than the previous flagship and more detailed tone, we have been thinking of another direction: getting the sound as pure as possible. If "Origin" was aimed for nice imagination, "Glory" is after extreme realism and cleanness. We want the sound to have no reverberation, pure and fast to the highest level. Thus this speaker would be quite demanding on the source and system.

"Thus the question would be which direction would fit your taste."

The dimensions of Glory S-10 are 27.7" width, 17" depth, and 36.4" height, plus a support stand at 12.8" high, for a total height of 49.2".

Paul Pang Quad Network Switch & Fiber
MSB Premier DAC
Zen Sarah SEWE300B
Cryotone Bundle
Tekton 2-12 Perfect SET Speakers w/ BE Tweeters and Cap & Wiring upgrades
Tekton 2-10 Sub
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #2 - 08/10/21 at 02:45:04

Thanks for the info. That is really big for a “stand mounted” speaker.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #3 - 08/11/21 at 15:31:44

I saw these on the Lii Audio Facebook page. There is a recent video of them there. They look and sound very nice!

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 08/12/21 at 03:17:40

There may be a pair here for DECFEST if logistics hold out.  I heard them on video and have heard my own pair on video enough times to know immediately the sound.  But, so far as I can tell, the speaker is the same size, just part of it is a stand.  It's a gutsy move, so it must sound better... we will see.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print