Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 11:43:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CSP325 with a powered subwoofer... (Read 2236 times)
Skip
Verified Member

CSP325 with a powered subwoofer...
05/31/21 at 15:45:36

how is it done? I've read through some of the threads here on this issue, but am still not sure exactly how to do this. Can someone explain por favor?  :) I ordered a CSP325. Should I have it built with a mono output connection? My subwoofer is a Paradigm Sub10 with line level inputs.

Thanks,
Skip

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: CSP325 with a powered subwoofer...
Reply #1 - 05/31/21 at 16:39:05

Skip- If your sub only has line level inputs, then yes order the preamp with a mono out. I prefer to run our sub off the amp at speaker level, but it's not a night/day, better/worse situation. What amp and speakers do you have or are thinking of? Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Skip
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 06/01/21 at 00:25:48

hdrider: I'll be pairing the CSP325 with a Zen SE84UFO25 amp. The speakers are Klipsch Forte I's. The two RCA inputs are all there is on this subwoofer, so going the speaker connection route is not an option.

Paradigm_7.png
  IP Logged
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

May The Source Be
With You!

Reply #3 - 06/01/21 at 00:51:53

You might want to take a look at the Jensen ISO-MAX line of isolation transformers.

I use a speaker level to balanced model to connect my SUB225s to the output of my SE84UFO25.

I have found this to be the most transparent way to connect a line level only sub to the SE84UFO25.

You would want a speaker level to RCA single ended output model.

I believe connecting to the speaker level output of the SE84UFO25 will maintain better phase than trying to connect to the line out of the CSP325.

That is the way it was explained to me, it might be the wrong explanation, but sounds the best to me.

1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM Qobuz or SSD
HQPE - sonicTransporter i9
HQP Client - i3 Tablet
HQP NAA - Sonore Sig Series Rendu
USB > Holo KTE May > SA1X/47 > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega & Townshend Super Tweeters
IsoMax > Rives Parc > SUB225s
  IP Logged
Skip
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 06/01/21 at 06:41:01

MrDerrick, I'll check that out.

Thanks,
Skip

IP Logged
acousticsguru
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 06/02/21 at 20:20:46

The Jensen ISO-Max have the added advantage of using isolation transformers that will get rid of any noise. Once I get my amp, I'll be trying the usual options, and compare the noise level with and without the subs, and decide from there if I want to order stereo ISO-Max and which. It would be a pity to use a Decware amp, which are reputed to have no noise issues whatsoever, and feed some into the system via the subwoofer connections. Now in my system, I have multiple options, including tapping off the speaker inputs, but if I didn't, I might consider going the isolation transformer route without trying the alternative. Just my two cents' worth, of course.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print