Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 04:15:05 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware Zen Amp - New Review (Read 2833 times)
bokat57
Ex Member

Decware Zen Amp - New Review
04/09/21 at 02:18:34

To those of you who may have not seen the review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhaM_fUaijY

As far as I am concerned I completely agree with this outstanding review and Steve and his people deserve this praise.

I would like to Thank Steve and the Decware crew for all their effort and dedication for the "Broke but sincere audiophile"

Thanks
Bob

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Re:  Decware Zen Amp - New Review
Reply #1 - 04/09/21 at 03:47:42

Indeed! Steve and co. deserve the highest praise for remaining true to his craft. I bought Decware as my end game.

The review was quite good, and a refreshing change from that dried up chicken stick hippie 60's throwback that we've heard from before

IP Logged
bokat57
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/09/21 at 05:29:01

"that dried up chicken stick hippie 60's throwback"

The individual you refer to has far more knowledge and credibility in the audio game then you could ever hope to acquire.

It is in my opinion pitiful that you chose instead to disrespect and ridicule him because you disapprove of the way he looks. You could actually learn from him about audio but you are to hung up on looks.

You should have learned along time ago do not judge people by the way they look.

Thanks
Bob

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/09/21 at 11:41:04

Well I found Andrew's review to be far more interesting and informative, and as I said it was refreshing.

Kudos to the well done review and especially to Steve and his great company! So mank of us found a permanent home in Decware.

Brad

IP Logged
drford
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/09/21 at 12:53:04

That is a seriously positive review! Congrats to the team. I just noticed my Rachael is now on the  bench, and  when she arrives it will be the first time I have heard one of Steve's amps live, and I can hardly wait. Steve, build me the best and prettiest one ever!

In all seriousness, well done. The review is pretty emphatic about just how good the amp sounds.

Richard

IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/10/21 at 14:03:18

It’s a well thought out positive review and it reflects what I’ve experienced so far with Steve's amplifier regarding the depth and detail of the soundstage. And, it’s nice that Andrew really spent some time reinforcing the need to match an efficient quality speaker to obtain the best results; in my limited experience that is a prime directive.

IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 04/11/21 at 14:40:27

The timing is funny, I actually expected my UFO2 to be packed on Friday, but maybe now early next week (I am #4 on the list as of typing this...and shipping from IL to MN is quick thanks to geography).

Yeah, I don't think you could ask for a better review:
--Sounds amazing, like 'best ever' sound...you cannot get any better
--Cheap to buy, comparing against much more expensive products
--Great brand, company, story behind it all

Unless I missed it, I think he could have touched on the tubes (life, replacement, etc.) as this is likely going to be the first tube amp for the people watching.  I think the angle could have easily been there are only 4 tubes, they are cheap and easy to get, they generally last a long time (well, wildcard on the rectifier, which might be a liability if the new-production ones burn out and you send people online to buy NOS ones...), and there is no biasing or tweaking required.  In other words, a great starter tube amp!

The only caveat (not necessarily downside) which he covered well is the fact it has a limited output...but with a pair of Klipsch or other higher-sensitivity speakers, not an issue.

The waitlist is currently 492 deep as of typing this, and wonder if we push it well over 500 in the coming weeks as new orders are added?

Ken

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print