04/26/24 at 18:35:49 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fire (Read 2018 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Fire
12/08/20 at 17:29:44

Have you ever lost any of your equipment in a fire?

A friend of a friend of a friend had his house go down in a fire.  Thankfully, no one was hurt.  However, he had some nice audio equipment. He was also a bass player and a pianist and lost some nice musical instruments.

His insurance asked for proof of cost, ownership, etc., and he didn't have much to provide.  He was like anyone else, lost track of it, or threw it away. So, who knows how that will turn out.

It makes me think of what I should do and how to get pictures, proof of purchase, and who knows what else.

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Re: Fire
Reply #1 - 12/08/20 at 18:22:38

that's most unfortunate, in terms of assets. they can all be replaced. people/family cannot.

in my case, we have a Liberty safe. but i've been lazy regarding pictures and making copies of invoices, etc......time to get crackin'.

thanks for the reminder!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 12/08/20 at 19:55:26

Good to see you posting Jay.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 12/09/20 at 07:21:43

If you have rare or expensive gear, you should have an inventory/documentation. As well, your insurance may require you to have a special add on for your gear.

When I had some really rare guitars in my collection, I needed a rider on my insurance to cover them...otherwise they would treat the guitars by their common current price vs a rare/vintage value.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print