Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 14:58:37 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
25th Anniversary CSP2+ for sale $1,100 (Read 2063 times)
Sandston
Verified Member

25th Anniversary CSP2+ for sale $1,100
12/06/20 at 23:19:18

Selling my Decware CSP2+ preamplifier that just came back from Decware where Steve Deckartt installed the new 25th anniversary mods and went over the entire unit. The 25th Anniversary mods alone cost $719.00. The 25th Ann. Mods rework the circuit of this preamp for stunning results. More about the mods can be read here at the Decware forum.

A new CSP3 with the 25th Anniversary Mods and a stepped attenuator would run $2384.00 with the Beeswax Type II caps. The only difference between the CSP2+ and the CSP3 is the later has a larger chassis to accommodate the an upgrade to a larger premium copper foil beeswax capacitors.

This unit has the addition of a very transparent DACT stepped attenuator with a Bent Audio remote control unit. In order to accommodate the remote control motor a hole has been made in the underside of the chassis. The unit comes with spiked feet to allow for clearance of the motor assembly. The remote unit alone is a $160 upgrade and the DACT CT2 attenuator retails for $165. The remote motor can be powered with anywhere from 9-12v DC but I have been running it successfully with a 6 volt (4x1.5v AA) battery pack which will be included with the preamp. The battery pack tucks discreetly under the preamp when in use. Batteries last 3-4 weeks of use. I use rechargeable batteries and always have an extra set charged and waiting.

The preamp comes with the stock tubes which test new. Chinese Rectifier and Russian Input tubes.
I will also include a set of upgraded Russian input tubes with plenty of life left in them.

The preamp has 2 sets of single ended RCA outputs so you can run a set of stereo speakers and a pair of subs. The second set of outputs were originally summed with a simple circuit in order to run a single sub. I can put this back into the unit if buyer wishes.

Top powder coated plate of pre is scratch and blemish free. There are some faint scratches on the wood base but nothing that is noticeable without close inspection.

Please note this unit does not include a headphone jack. The CSP2+ was available with either a summed additional RCA output and a headphone jack or two sets of stereo outputs.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see  pictures please get in touch. I apologise I cannot figure out how to upload images here.

Thanks for looking. Smiley

IP Logged
Sandston
Verified Member

Re: 25th Anniversary CSP2+ for sale $1,100
Reply #1 - 12/07/20 at 00:50:54

I have an ad posted at USAudiomart. The Decware forum rules do not allow links to other sites. I quick search under tube preamps will get you there where you can also find pictures of the unit.

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/07/20 at 00:52:59

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 12/07/20 at 00:58:45

I can say from almost daily experience that the CSP2+ that I had Steve install the beeswax caps and 25th Anniversary mods to sounds AMAZING. (Mine has both twin stereo outputs AND a headphone jack, so not sure what the seller here means about either/or with those options.) This is likely a wonderful sounding preamp.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print