Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 16:41:49 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Current lead time for new orders of amps? (Read 6300 times)
canonken
Seasoned Member

Current lead time for new orders of amps?
10/02/20 at 23:41:55

I just ordered my SE84UFO2 today, very excited!  Looking at the build list, looks like about a 4+ month backlog based on people who ordered in late May just now getting stuff.

I'm happy to wait, but curious if I should expect 4+ months or if things might happen sooner.  No rush, good things come to those who wait!

https://creator.zoho.com/decwarehighfidelity/decware/#View:Amplifier_Waiting_Lis...

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Current lead time for new orders of amps?
Reply #1 - 10/03/20 at 03:29:02

We will likely be at a 16 week minimum backlog for some time to come.  But, as always, it will be worth the wait.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/03/20 at 15:17:21

Thanks Steve!  I know it will be worth the wait!

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #3 - 10/03/20 at 18:29:28

I had talked to Sarah just prior to this post and the 16 weeks is accurate.  Now with the Decfest sale going on, the wait list could in fact jump up to even longer.  But the wait will in fact be worth it!!

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/03/20 at 18:33:19

I'll wait!  I bought a bigger tube amp over the summer, and now that it is cold outside, I don't feel bad running it all day (and listening while I work).  I should be good and ready for the comparison early in 2021 when the new one arrives!

Now you have 16 weeks (well, maybe less, before the build starts) to talk me in to any upgrades!

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #5 - 10/03/20 at 22:09:36

Quote:
Now you have 16 weeks (well, maybe less, before the build starts) to talk me in to any upgrades!

Start reading all the threads about tube rolling . I've been waiting since late June myself and still have several weeks to go. But I've acquired a nice stash since I placed my order. So between working on that and living vicariously through the posters here the time has (mostly) flown by.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 10/03/20 at 23:46:43

That's what the wait period for an amp, preamp or other Decware product is all about. Gives us all time to stash away some great tubes for future rolling😁.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 10/04/20 at 19:10:40

OK...send me some links to the best threads for tubes for this one.  I'm game!

Less about wanting to do it than just feel better getting some backups on hand.

I have a mantra with vinyl.  If there is a new (or used) record you want.  BUY IT!!!  Don't think about it, buy it.  These are not CDs or Blu-ray discs, once they do a production run, that could be the end of it.  Even if new-production tubes, we know we are playing with fire (old/random factories that are one fire or flood away from being gone forever).

IP Logged
gsanger
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 10/05/20 at 02:46:24

I have a mantra with vinyl.  If there is a new (or used) record you want.  BUY IT!!!  Don't think about it, buy it.  These are not CDs or Blu-ray discs, once they do a production run, that could be the end of it.

So true!  I listen to a lot of small-time bands that will do one pressing of vinyl for 300 copies that then that's it.  I've paid over $50+shipping from Europe for a used copy of more albums than I care to admit.  Still have one band where I didn't buy their album on vinyl when it was for sale and not a single copy has come up for sale in over a year since.

And welcome to the queue!  I'm one of those folks patiently waiting for the amp I ordered in late May.  Can't say the wait's worth it, since I don't have an amp yet, but I can say the wait is not at all bad!  I'm still as excited as ever to get the amp, and will be cranking it loud the day it gets here.

IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 10/06/20 at 04:49:26

Cranking as loud as 2.3 watts allows Grin

Even some random CDs (which are cheap and easy to make of course).  More often than not it ends up being a playground fight with studios and/or the artist.  There are a few cases the CD is out of production, digital distribution is held up, and there is no legal way to get the recording unless you pay $50-100 on Amazon for a used copy.

Hey, I can wait 16 weeks!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print