Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 12:22:26 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DNA Upgrade after a year (Read 2756 times)
KarlM
Verified Member

DNA Upgrade after a year
09/08/20 at 20:53:51

It's been a year since I posted my DNA speaker build. I've been reading about circle baffles so I made these over Labor Day.  I also upgraded to the MA paper cones a while back and I can say, these sound much better than the Pluvia in this cabinet.  I also built a single ended pentode 3 watt amp and love the sound.  Also upgrade power cable and speaker cables to cardis wire.  These are really fun to listen to.

KM_DNA2.jpg
  IP Logged
Showme
Seasoned Member

Re: DNA Upgrade after a year
Reply #1 - 09/11/20 at 16:19:26

Very interesting look to those speakers. I like it.Would love to hear them

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #2 - 03/19/21 at 02:06:12

Tell us more about the circular baffle and it's build.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
KarlM
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 03/19/21 at 15:13:12

I got the idea from Joseph Crowe's website and YouTube. His videos explain the concept better than I could ever do.  While my version does not include all the nuances of his baffles, it generally conforms to his profile.  Again YouTube has some videos of a router jig that follows a profile.  I glued up MDF and routed the profile.  The sequence is important, and I suggest the speaker rabbit be routed deeper than needed and then shimmed to be flush with the baffle.  I had to chisel the relief because mine was too shallow.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #4 - 03/23/21 at 04:24:42

Karl, I know exactly what you mean about routing, and coming up a hair short. Somebody out there makes a giant machine that does this in a single pass, heh heh, yah a machine the size of my whole shop. I really like what I see in your effort.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print