Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 10:57:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SE84UFO25 and Heresy IIIs (Read 3060 times)
duaneh
Verified Member

SE84UFO25 and Heresy IIIs
08/27/20 at 18:50:46

SmileyI’m on the build list (about 80 deep) for a SE84UFO2, and I wonder if it’s a marketing tool, such a list, which gives me plenty of time to read reviews and daydream and fantasize and daydream some more so that now I think seriously about upgrading my order to the SE84UFO25.  Good strategy. Haha.

Anyway, does anyone have a pair of Heresy IIIs plugged in to one?  What’s your experience regarding the Heresy III's low end when matched with the 25th?  I’ll have the Heresies set up in a about 13’ x 18’  room with arches opposite each other in the longer sides--entering in to the dining room and front room.  I’ll have them on a short side and out about a foot and a half, and set in from the the longer side walls by book cases on both sides (which precludes a true corner setup).  They’ll be about 8’ apart.  But I have some flexibility, and I’m still fiddling with placement.

Anyone with such a system/speaker-amp combo feel driven to purchase the ZROCK2 or add subwoofers or who think twice about the 25th with your Heresy IIIs?  Thanks.

Decware SE84UFO25, ZROCK2, Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (with Modwright modifications), Klipsch Heresy IIIs, Forte IVs, Mapleshade Double Helix 2 speaker wire, Decware DSR I/Cs, Brickwall surge protector, DHC-1 and Audiocrast power cords, Qobuz/Roon
  IP Logged
Tubecan

Re: SE84UFO25 and Heresy IIIs
Reply #1 - 08/27/20 at 22:21:40

The 25th is the greatest amplifier ever made period.Buy 2.
Ohh,give the second to a friend.

IP Logged
JohnWatson

Reply #2 - 08/28/20 at 10:59:32

I can't speak for the UFO25 yet, but on Rachel, these speakers are great.  I don't feel like I need more bass, it's quite good for me.  My SEUFO25 is supposed to arrive on Saturday and I'm confident it will be worth the extra money spent.  You'll also never have to wonder if you "shoulda" got it instead.
  I also added a Zbit because my Digital source has balanced outs and it made a very noticeable upgrade in sound quality.  It's worth more than the price of admission in my opinion if you have a need for one.

IP Logged
Tubecan

Reply #3 - 08/28/20 at 19:32:55

Heresy 3’s,linn,troika,2 grams,Genesis a trick of the tail...one of many pressings..once again buy 2.

IP Logged
duaneh
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 08/29/20 at 00:38:40

OK.  You've talked me into it.  (Or was I already convinced and just needed a shove?)

Thanks for your responses.

Decware SE84UFO25, ZROCK2, Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (with Modwright modifications), Klipsch Heresy IIIs, Forte IVs, Mapleshade Double Helix 2 speaker wire, Decware DSR I/Cs, Brickwall surge protector, DHC-1 and Audiocrast power cords, Qobuz/Roon
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print