04/19/24 at 04:22:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FS ZBOX (Read 2144 times)
donovan
Verified Member

FS ZBOX
06/23/20 at 19:28:54

Hello, I have a several month old Zbox I was considering selling. I offered to the WTB thread last week but I never heard back from him. It would come with the original tube Steve installed plus a NOS Raytheon 12BH7A I picked up from Ebay for $50 a couple months ago. Whole kit is pretty and minty.

The history of the piece is that I bought it last winter and when it arrived it had a slight chassis hum that I found distracting. I sent it back to Steve and he found the problem was the lower level RCA connects and the transformer rubbing the chassis. So he upgraded the RCA jacks to a better level and put a shim in between the transformer and chassis. Now it is dead silent!

I'd hate to sell the Zbox as it helps with longer listening sessions, but I am saving up for a new pair of speakers. Within US $360 with free shipping.

IP Logged
donovan
Verified Member

Re: FS ZBOX
Reply #1 - 06/24/20 at 05:09:06

Sold. Thanks everybody!

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/24/20 at 19:24:42

$360? That sold for spit!

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
donovan
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 06/26/20 at 03:01:24

I never know what to charge for audio equipment so I err on the lower side. But when I'm purchasing I never get a smoking deal  :)

edit - Actually that is not totally true. Last year I purchased an As Is/Not Working Technics 1210Mk2 turntable for $50. After fiddling around, the problem was just the head shell wires. $15 for some Audio Technica wires and I had a near mint 1998 Technics TT. So, a good chunk of karma found it's way back to me that day.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print