Send Topic Print
audio chain (Read 2002 times)
piezoman
Ex Member

audio chain
03/25/20 at 19:13:13

Here's my concept thus far:

ZBIT > BRYSTON DAC-BRYSTON PLAYER > ZROCK2 > TABOO MK IV > OMEGA SPEAKERS

Components each plugged into a Blue Circle line conditioner via DHC-1, and connected to each other via DSR-II IC's, and Better Cables Silver Serpent XLR's in the case of the ZBIT-to-DAC and DAC-to-PLAYER.

Comments are much appreciated.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: audio chain
Reply #1 - 03/27/20 at 08:28:35

I think you mean: DAC to ZBIT to ZROCK2 to Taboo to Omega.

That would be quite a workable audio chain and will sound excellent.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/27/20 at 11:40:34

Thank you Lon.

About 8-9 weeks now from the Decware order.  Louis at Omega tells me he's soon finishing up the cabinet work and will proceed from there. I ordered them in sapele veneer.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 03/27/20 at 12:37:32

I bet those will look great. Mahogany and Sapelle are among my favorite woods. And my grandfather, who was in a direct line of at least six known generations of professional and semi-professional cabinet makers, loved mahogany as well and I saw a lot of it visiting his workshop over the years.

The waiting is not easy, but you're getting through it!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/27/20 at 19:38:24

Lon, cool story......and me too. I had considered walnut, then mohagany.....and the gorgeous red-brown in fine sapele really caught my eye. I think it has a sophisticated look with the fine grain.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print