04/24/24 at 06:15:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What speakers (Read 2277 times)
SugarBear
Verified Member

What speakers
03/15/20 at 22:42:32

I’d love to know what speakers you all are using with your Tori Jr, and I what else you have in your systems

IP Logged
Chester
Verified Member

Re: What speakers
Reply #1 - 03/17/20 at 22:38:29

Hi,

I am listening to Zu Omen speakers and a Zu Undertone subwoofer. Also using a Border Patrol SE DAC.  I am running it from a Mac mini using Spotify (which I like the sound better of than Tidal) and absolutely love it.  

Happy Listening!

SE84UFO25/Border Patrol DAC/Zu Omens/Zu Undertone Sub
  IP Logged
Leftfield
Verified Member

Re: What speakers
Reply #2 - 03/18/20 at 23:09:43

Lii Audio F-15s - custom made open baffle. My setup is geared to 10” 78’s and originals from early jazz to 60s punk. My mono side has a Miyajima Zero 3mil or a Hana SL mono mounted on a Trovatore turntable. That feeds into a Miyajima ETR mono SUT. It splits into either a custom mono tube phono stage by me or a Pro-ject Tube Box. My stereo side has a Denon 103r into either a Bob’s devices 1:40 SUT or a Icon Audio 1:10 SUT.  A variety of other cartridges are on hand - from 1 and 1.2 mil to 3.5 mil needles — to deal with odd groove sizes. They feed into a Decware phono stage (new - love it). Both meet at a custom tube based unity gain line stage. The line stage has a tape loop that has all of my RIAA correction hardware and hiss reduction equipment - most from Esoteric Sound or vintage. A 3db custom line gain stage is in the loop if I need it - which I never do with the Toriii JR. the line stage sits at 12o’clock - as does the Torii JR.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print