Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 12:46:51 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TORII JR $2,195 includes shipping & life warranty (Read 1936 times)
Doug
Seasoned Member

TORII JR $2,195 includes shipping & life warranty
12/08/19 at 20:39:02

My Torii Jr has a manufacture date of Dec 2017.  I am the original owner.  I drove Zu Audio Definition Mk3’s with it for one year and for the past year or so it has driven Pure Audio Project Quintets.  It has been paired with a CSP3-25 since the 25th mod first became available.

I am selling the Torii Jr because I need more than 20 watts.  With 96db efficiency of the Quintets, you might think that 20 watts is plenty, but I’m not satisfied with the way it controls the eight 15” woofers in the Quintets.  For now I have decided to stay with the CSP3-25 fronting my LFD NCSE amp that outputs around 70 watts per channel and has a massive bank of caps that provides incredible headroom and excellent control of the 8 woofers.

I sent the Torii Jr back to Steve a few months ago for service on what I thought was a bad transformer humming.  The problem turned out to be two bad internal fuses.  Steve changed out the fuses and returned the Jr to me stating that it is operating perfectly.  I haven’t used it more than a few hours since receiving it back from Steve.

Prior to sending the amp in for service, I purchased a complete new set of tubes from Decware hoping that would solve the humming issue that wound up being bad fuses.  So the amp will come with a full set of new tubes, including 1 Sophia Electric 274B Aqua rectifier tube that retails for $200.  The Sophia tube has a small piece of loose glass in it, but it does not affect its performance at all.  If I recall correctly, I bought the tube from Sophia for $100, discounted due to the loose glass piece.  I’ve put a couple hundred hours on this tube, so it’s not fully broken in yet, but it still sounds leaps and bounds better than any other rectifier I’ve used the past 30 years!  I use one in my CSP3-25 too!  I will also include the original full set of Decware supplied tubes that all still function but have thousands of hours of play time on them.  The tube sets will be clearly labeled as “old“ and ”new”.

The only issue with the amp is that the black figured case was damaged in shipping by UPS.  I actually tried to blame Steve and his team for insufficient packing, but they explained to me that UPS caused this damage and that it happens to their amp bases constantly.  Steve told me that the damage was done on the trip from my house to Decware.  I had the thing triple boxed and I used layer upon layer of industrial grade bubble wrap.  Anyway, as you can see from the photos there is some minor damage to the back left corner of the bass; the damage is not visible from the front when the amp is on a stand.  The base can be easily repaired with some wood putty, a little sanding, and a new coat of paint.

Lastly, the $2,195 price includes shipping to Steve and the $250 cost to have the lifetime warranty transferred to the new owner.  I really hate selling used equipment, knowing that anything can happen at any time, so this the only way I will sell the amp.  The new owner will pay shipping from Decware.

Feel free to ask questions!

Doug

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
areffett