Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 07:32:07 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Speakers with your Taboo (Read 2162 times)
Jeff1

Speakers with your Taboo
11/02/19 at 16:41:56

Anyone using speakers with their Taboo? If so what type and how do you find the sound to be?

PI Audio Uberbuss, Esoteric K05X, ELF gold Interconnect, TabooMK4,ZMF Silver Michanikos, ZMF Atrium Closed Back.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Speakers with your Taboo
Reply #1 - 11/02/19 at 17:20:13

I have used three pairs of speakers with my Taboo Mk IV: Trapeziums, ERR and HR-1. They all sound good, the HR-1 sounds the best. Traps sound as if they need more power. Using a ZROCK2 with all the speakers helps the sound in my rooms a lot.

I listen every day to my audio/visual system in the big living area: PS Audio PowerPlant Premier, Oppo UDP-205, ZBIT, ZROCK, Taboo Mk IV (with 25th Anniversary Mods), HR-1. Excellent sound!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Re: Speakers with your Taboo
Reply #2 - 04/19/20 at 00:07:15

When my Decware orders are received, I'll be marrying them up with Omega Junior 8 XRS cabinets with 6.5" ALNICO driver [a custom order] in a 12x10 room which will be treated minimum to moderate. Setting it up in a somewhat near-field fashion [triangle 6' between spkrs, 6' sitting back] and also more standardized [6' between spkrs, 8-10' sitting back], and experimenting in between.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print