Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/31/20 at 19:55:51

10% off your entire order until June 1st! Use coupon code: COVID19

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just received my new Zrock2 - WOW! (Read 1042 times)
Reptar
Verified Member

Just received my new Zrock2 - WOW!
10/24/19 at 17:41:59

I just received my new Zrock2 and it is still breaking in but so far all I can say is wow!

I thought it would give more of a bass boost ( I have the base Zen Triode system) - I still need to learn more about how to use it by fiddling around with it but I suspect this is more of a function of the speakers that I have. The speakers seem to be fairly efficient at 94.5 db @ 8 Ohms but they only have a 6" single driver so perhaps I am expecting too much.

But everything else is really wonderful. I listen near field in my office while I work so I listen at very low volume which is why I wanted more bass boost. But whatever the Zrock2 is doing - it is doing it magically!

I bought some different tubes to roll to experiment but right now I am listening to it stock to get a feel for what it can do out of the box. I have the level II Caps and tube regulator as upgrades.

Really love Decware - the only complaint I have is that the music sounds so amazing it is hard for me to work, as all I want to do now is listen to it!

Highly recommend the Zrock2!

Regards to all.

Steve

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Re: Just received my new Zrock2 - WOW!
Reply #1 - 10/24/19 at 18:30:14

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the ZROCK2 club! Such an amazing device, especially with the full mods as yours is. It's going to get even better as it seasons in! Keep us posted about your adventures with it.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SE84UFO3-25th x2, CSP3-25th.Taboo Mk IV; Rega RP3 w/25th mods PS Audio: DMP+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Statement spkr cbls; Mapleshade:Samson V3; Oppo UDP-205; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati intrcncts, Iso-Pods; headphones: PM1,HD800S,LCD-
  IP Logged
Showme
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/25/19 at 21:38:16

They are an awesome piece of equipment. Mine is exactly like yours with the type II beeswax caps and complete anniversary mods. Alas due to changes Im making I am contemplating selling it. Im sure I will regret it.

IP Logged
Vooraphile
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 10/28/19 at 12:58:54

I can consider it.. if you are letting it go.
You may PM me.

Oppo UDP205-jb or Planar 3
Teac NT505 to ZBit
CSP3-25 to SE84UFO25
DSG. DSRII. DHC-1. ZSTYX.
Triangle Quartet 92dB
  IP Logged
GroovySauce

Reply #4 - 04/17/20 at 16:09:30

Ive been stuck at my sisters house during this event.

She enjoys listening to music she just bought a pair if Caintuck F15 and 4 ASC Isothermal tube traps so she does care about high quality audio.

Currently the system is audioquest dragonfly red -> zrock2 -> ZMA -> F15s she also has a 10 svs sub.

I got a fully loaded Zrock2 yesterday.  This morning i was playing with it.  After slowly going back and forth with the dial a few times i asked her what she thought about it.  She said it sounds more full she paused then said something that really made me laugh not just more full, makes it sound like what we were listening to before was shit!

Yep i agree  ;D

Rega P8
SS Zephyr MIMC Star
Roon + HQplayer
MicroRendu
PSA DSD
ZP3 25th ZMC1
ZRock2 25th
Torii MKiv 25th
Amphion Argon 7Ls
Analysis Plus Solo Crystal RCA
Zenwave Speaker Cable (not sure the model)
Curious Evolved USB .2m
SR UEF Red x3
Lot's o room tr
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. D*ck

Reply #5 - 05/11/20 at 13:19:11

That made me laugh! Smiley

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SE84UFO3-25th x2, CSP3-25th.Taboo Mk IV; Rega RP3 w/25th mods PS Audio: DMP+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Statement spkr cbls; Mapleshade:Samson V3; Oppo UDP-205; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati intrcncts, Iso-Pods; headphones: PM1,HD800S,LCD-
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print