Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 03:16:19 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RMAF report from imagic of the AVSForum (Read 6522 times)
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

RMAF report from imagic of the AVSForum
09/10/19 at 17:02:08

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/173-2-channel-audio/3089080-rocky-mountain-audio-...

In case any of you wanted to know more about RMAF.

I was getting over a bad cold, only went for one day, so my review of RMAF would be pretty Meh. Though I did run into Jeff of Arabica and a couple of his California friends there which was nice.

I'll have some pictures and maybe a bit of video when I'm feeling up to downloading and processing it all.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
jpv
Seasoned Member

Cause inside
everyone is a heavy
metal kid

Re: RMAF report from imagic of the AVSForum
Reply #1 - 09/10/19 at 20:06:12

Raven,
  I saw you on the RMAF 2019 "The dirty little Secret: powering audio on mains power line" seminar.

Are you coming to Decfest this year?

John

VPI Scoutmaster, Grado Master3, Odyssey Candela Preamp and Suspiro phono preamp Counterpoint NP100 amp (modded by Altavista Audio), Goldenear Triton One speakers, CD240 CDP, Lots of room treatment. Anti-cable sp cables and IC, Decware IC, ZKit 1, ZDAC.
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 09/11/19 at 17:40:10

Yes, I'll be at Decfest; I already have my flight and hotel booked, I just need to figure out what I'm doing for transportation.

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/11/19 at 18:42:14

I could pick you up at the airport, but I wouldn't get there until 2:00 or later.  Probably more like 3:00.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #4 - 09/13/19 at 16:34:30

I'm seriously considering taking an Uber to the motorcycle shop where my motorbike has been sitting for the past 4 months, and stealing it back and taking it down to Peoria.

Then I'm trying to get up the courage to do an "Iron Butt 1000" and ride from Peoria to Denver on a naked motorcycle in less than 24 hours....

Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 09/13/19 at 16:48:06

I had a friend do IL - TX (padre island) - LA - IL without a fairing.  Brutal, he said.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #6 - 09/13/19 at 17:32:46

Just had a guy ride here from Canada on a dirt bike, strap a pair of speakers to the back and ride home.  It was insane... and impressive.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #7 - 09/13/19 at 19:52:48

If the speakers were the DNA2's, now that would be impressive!!!

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 09/13/19 at 20:30:53

I had the exact same thought when I read this!👍🏼

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 09/13/19 at 20:42:23

If they were Big Betsys he might fly home.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
pursuitofnow
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 09/13/19 at 21:15:17

big betsys would be a long wheelie  ;D

VPI Classic Signature | Koetsu Urushi Black | Bob's Sky 20 | ZP3 | Swiss Digital Fuse Box
DirectStream DAC (APS nickel transformers, Vocm mod)
ZTPRE | ZBIT | ZROCK2 | SE84UFO3
Omega Super 3 HO XRS | Deep 8
Zenwave D4 | PCR-11 | PI Audio Uberbuss
---
ZR 3
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #11 - 09/13/19 at 22:11:30

Raven, I'll let you borrow my BMW GSA. It could haul whatever you want. Plus it has a fairing.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #12 - 09/17/19 at 18:27:57

I owned my first motorcycle.... without a fairing/windshield - for about 10 minutes...!  A couple miles down the interstate on a summer day in MO and I had had enough - never again.  Fairing and windshields from that point on.  Peoria to Denver, October... no wind break... you either be one tough MoFo or one crazy somebeach...!   Grin

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 09/17/19 at 18:30:48

Interesting . . . I've owned motorcycles since 1978 in Ohio and Texas. . . and have never owned one with a shield or fariing. Rented one that way once. . . not for me. To be honest I'm both a tough mofo and a crazy somebeach.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #14 - 09/17/19 at 19:22:01

been riding since the early 70's myself.  at this point, no shield or fairing is fine... around town.  once I get out on the interstate for long hauls... the abrasion and drilling of sand, rocks, bugs, junk flying out of the back of pickups, debris kicked up by tractor/trailers, wind buffeting, etc ... just gets old and tiring, not to mention dangerous.  and my eye-candy in the b-seat demands as much comfort as possible to boot or she ain't participating.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #15 - 09/17/19 at 22:02:18

Motorcycles are dangerous. They make you walk funny and spend all of your money.
Maybe if I didn't fall off all of the time I wouldn't walk so funny?

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 09/17/19 at 22:14:57

Got something exciting between your legs, Donnie?  ;D

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print