04/19/24 at 03:43:17 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tubes (Read 2523 times)
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Tubes
08/14/19 at 23:32:35

Greetings all. I saw a post about rectifier tube this morning that Steve responded to and my feeble mind recalled a phone discussion with Steve about tubes and he had suggested that he wished more people were aware of some of the points we were discussing and I told him I would go ahead and post some of it up...then didn’t do it so here goes.
I was on about my 3rd KT66 in a matter of months and after Steve graciously replaced a few of them as great customer service, they were beyond the warranty point.
It came up that they only sell Quads of KT66 for my Tori MKIV and I wasn’t too keen on buying another quad because I had several that were still good. He suggested I call Kevin at UpScale Audio for a pair and also for a set of matched 6922’s along with some rectifiers. I just got around to ordering some today and they are very knowledable on the phone, have very good prices, lots of options and a bunch of comprehensive reviews and opinions on each of the tube offerings (including DecWare owners). They pretty much will go out of their way to service you and they shipped, no tax, no shipping, in less than 2 hours! That’s faster than Amazon Prime!
Anyway if you need something not available from DecWare and want to get some good service and prices check them out. They seem to be some of the most complete straight forward suppliers and I can’t imagine there is much profit in there for anyone, with the warranty, free matching and burnin times. Hope this helps anyone who needs a little glow in their day. 💡
Best,
Scott

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
ScottNC
Seasoned Member

Re: Tubes
Reply #1 - 08/16/19 at 17:38:41

Nice surprise, less than 48 hours after my call, delivered from CA to NC, nice packing too.

IMG_0677.jpeg

TORII MKIV-25th,ZBIT,ZROCK2-25th,ZTPRE-25th,ZLC,DNA2's, REL S/3 SHO
MyTek Brooklyn DAC+,Sonore ultraRendu LinearPS,sonicTransport APi7 4TB
Woo WA6, Sennheiser HD660s
RoomTreatments,LineFeed,DHC1’s,DSR’s,ZENST,TriodeWireLabs,TimberNation Maple Plats
  IP Logged
SunSamba
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 09/24/19 at 18:57:49

Yes Kevin was great to work with for me as well. I purchased a nos tube for my dac. Later i was looking for some tubes for a hybrid amplifier and he recommended a point to point tube amplifier which i hadn't thought about. This eventually led me to Decware - very happy i found it!

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/24/19 at 19:39:48

Uncle Kev is great to work with.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #4 - 10/03/19 at 21:58:48

have purchased tubes from Uncle Kevvy on several occasion - haven't been disappointed yet.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print