03/28/24 at 10:25:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Woodworking Shop Lust (Read 3266 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Woodworking Shop Lust
08/11/19 at 11:56:51

Everyone should have one of these. Right Nick?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zIA2Xl8P7Es&feature=youtu.be

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Re: Woodworking Shop Lust
Reply #1 - 08/11/19 at 17:35:52

Hey Rodger.... Great video!!   Ironically enough I was watching a DIY home renovation show yesterday and they featured a Japanese wood burning technique called show Sho Sugi Ban.  It was very intriguing that I am gonna mess around with it for small projects.

Here is a quick video.

https://youtu.be/qfdV031I_F0

Steve...maybe you could Zen out the base of the Big Betsy Baffle  Shou Sugi Ban style!!

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 08/11/19 at 18:30:48

I liked how he wire brushed all the char onto his table saw top and into the blade throat.   Huh

Otherwise, really nice patina.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #3 - 08/11/19 at 20:06:09

Yeah that was comical for sure.  The technique itself was interesting.  If you watch some other YouTube videos, they create some very cool effects with a variety of patterns.  

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/12/19 at 12:48:53

Dom,

Very cool video. Thanks for sharing.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #5 - 08/13/19 at 07:32:59

Rodger,

Your video was cool as well.  Are you going to Decfest this year?  Unfortunately I cannot make it.  I had cleared my work schedule, but now my wife has us going to see comedian Sebastian Maniscalco at the Borgata in Atlantic City.  Not complaining.... but I’d have rather gone to Decfest.

I guess I’ll have to settle for tuning in to the live video feed.  😀

Dom

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 08/13/19 at 11:36:09

Dom,

I am heading out to East Peoria this year for Decfest.  Looking forward to hearing Steve's new OB designs. Sorry you won't be coming, but hope you enjoy the show at the Borgata.  

HK

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #7 - 08/13/19 at 19:36:50

Rodger,

I can’t wait to hear your opinion on the Open Baffles.  I’m sure it will be kick ass!  The comedian event was part of her Bday gift and someone who she always wanted to see...so I couldn’t back out of it. ☹️

Besides the musical experience…I was particularly looking forward to seeing the woodworking shop and how it transformed from what it was like last year.  Enjoy!!

Dom

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print