Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 09:35:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Beach sound measurement. (Read 1449 times)
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Beach sound measurement.
08/01/19 at 01:46:41

I don’t know if anyone will find this interesting but I was at the Lake Michigan beach the other night.  I was listening to the sound of the surf and said I wonder how that measures.  Weird I know.  Anyway, check out the low end.  Other than that it kind of mimics what I get in my room at home.  Checkout that low end though.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Beach sound measurement.
Reply #1 - 08/01/19 at 03:48:51

Hey Pal. What do the colors represent? The purple looks like it could be an average of the green? Which color is your room?

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Re: Beach sound measurement.
Reply #2 - 08/09/19 at 14:16:58

I think high is average high, blue? is average low and green? is the live response.  None are my room, but except for the lows is follows a very similar pattern.

I was just there listening to the waves and the sound was putting me in a nice place so I thought, "I wonder how this compares to the sound in my room?"

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print