Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 20:07:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank you (Read 8003 times)
Reptar

Thank you
06/29/19 at 04:04:11

I just received my SE84UFO and can't stop listening. While I've been listening I've been trying to think of a word to describe what I am hearing - Ethereal comes to mind.

The sound is something I have been waiting to hear my whole life. I've had boat loads of equipment over the years solid state, tube, new and vintage (I'm over 60), countless audio shows etc and to think I have a system in my home that sounds as incredible as this is amazing to me. All I can say is thank you Steve, from the bottom of my heart. I am listening to the unit through Omega CAM speakers and all I can say is wow!

I have already ordered the ZROCK2, it was an impulse buy before I received the Amp and now I can hardly wait to get it. It is hard for me to imagine how the sound could get any better than this but I can't wait to try it out.

To anyone who thinks that 2 watts can't sound good - try this amp - there is absolutely no going back! The whole crew at Decware is amazing, Sarah thank you for your patience with me - I pestered you and Steve with questions and you both have answered them with a smile. I feel loved and very happy! You are all the best!

Thank you for music straight from heaven!

Sincerely.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Thank you
Reply #1 - 06/29/19 at 12:54:08

You are welcome.

Factory fresh SE84UFO - as it keeps playing it gets better. You might hear it sound sweeter, nicer, more seasoned in a couple of weeks, few months.

Is yours anniversary modified? And the ZRock?

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #2 - 06/29/19 at 15:18:16

I upgraded the coupling capacitors to the Jupiter copper foil no other mods. I spoke with Steve about that - he suggested that there was an advantage to not getting the mods now, to see how I like it as I ordered it and later on I could add the mods and go through the whole experience of getting a new amp and the wonder we all experience getting something wonderful and new all over again.

I did pull the trigger and order the Zrock2 before I received the SE84UFO, my only thought at this point is how much better can it get than this? I added the tube voltage regulator mod to the order.

The SE84UFO has truly amazing sound, I have read that there is a break in period for electronics, not sure about the physics behind that but look forward to it getting better if that's possible! Smiley

Appreciate your help and support - this is a great forum and community and awesome company with awesome products. Never knew this world existed but am very grateful to have found it.

I see that Decware makes Push-Pull Amps, I currently have a Push-Pull Amp, EL34 based its supposed to be high quality and a less expensive PP EL84 based amp. Neither of them sound anywhere near how good this SE amp sounds.

So I'm left wondering how the Decware PP amps sound in case I want to move up one day if I need more power than bridging two of the SE84UFO together. Right now I'm really sold on Single Ended amps!

Interesting (and expensive) hobby but right now it's all bliss!

Warm regards

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #3 - 06/29/19 at 17:49:55

Just wait til you get to around 200 hrs and more on it. That’s when the magic really starts to happen.

At our age (55+ Wink) we don’t need to worry as much about more power. Just the quality at low to mid volume. That’s where the magic is.

Enjoy what you have for about a year, including time with the Zrock, and then send it in for the mods and put another big smile on your face.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #4 - 06/30/19 at 14:31:21

Hi Geno, thanks for responding. I think as you and others have recommended that I will wait a while before I do anything. Now I am on pins and needles waiting for the Zrock2! Smiley lol

As I'm listening I find that the 2 Watts is way more than I ever thought and way more than I need for my nearfield listening setup, I still only turn up the volume a little - this little beast is so amazing in so many ways! I was concerned that it wouldn't have enough power but it is way more than enough.

Thanks for the support, it looks like you have a great setup.

Regards
Steve

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #5 - 06/30/19 at 22:54:54

Quote:
The sound is something I have been waiting to hear my whole life. I've had boat loads of equipment over the years solid state, tube, new and vintage (I'm over 60), countless audio shows etc and to think I have a system in my home that sounds as incredible as this is amazing to me. All I can say is thank you Steve, from the bottom of my heart. I am listening to the unit through Omega CAM speakers and all I can say is wow!

Welcome to family!  And you can thank the Audio Gods for it, not me.  All I did was have the insight to search for that faint signal on the 'ol tuning dial and once I found it, some 25 years ago, I've had the good sense to listen to it. It continues even now. Presently they are still showing me how good the 25th Anniversary Amp is despite having listened to it for well over a year now. We reached a plateau with my present speaker selection, so they are now showing me how to create a better speaker so I can hear more of what the amp can do and I have to say I never cease to be amazed. I had no idea what I'm hearing right now was even possible. I of all people... think about that!  So you see it IS a family, not a heirarchy of audio snobs. We're all in it together. The most dangerous teacher is the one who thinks he or she already knows it all. A good teacher is one who just outpaces the class by a lap or two.

Happy Listening to your Zen Triode amplifier!  Your amp was a collaborative effort from everyone here at Decware.  The parts were QC'd and collected for it by Josh, the amp was built by Paul and Dennis, tested and QC'd by myself, packed and shipped to you by Jake, and the entire show was handled by Sarah and DeVon and had you gotten any other amplifier, the beautiful hardwood bases are made by Bob, our hi-end speaker builder.

- Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #6 - 07/01/19 at 14:44:37

Thanks Steve and thank you to the entire Decware family!

I found Decware through the Omega website. I didn't know Decware made speakers. After checking out your site I am loving the DNA2 speakers. After hearing the SE84UFO I am now rethinking my living room setup and want to move to a SET Amp with the DNA2 speakers - need my audio budget to recover a little, right now I am in heaven.

Thanks for everything.

Warm regards
Steve

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 07/01/19 at 19:52:19

The SE84UFO is an SET.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #8 - 07/01/19 at 19:59:11

Thanks , yes I am aware but I was wondering if I would still get the same SET "magic" with the other Decware amps that have more power but appear to use Push Pull topology?

Thanks!

IP Logged
Alex
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 02/18/20 at 12:40:05

I assume your ZROCK2 arrived and you have been using it. What are your thoughts?

IP Logged
Reptar

Reply #10 - 02/18/20 at 13:15:02

Hi Alex, yes the Zrock2 came and just completely blew me away. I love it, it is hard to quantify but somehow it really gives life to the music and without it the music is just not as present if that makes sense.

As funds permit, I will order another for a different system in my house. In short I am very very happy with the Zrock2.

Thanks for asking, all the best!

Regards

IP Logged
Alex
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 02/21/20 at 03:08:47

Thanks for the response. Mine will be shipped out tomorrow and I am looking forward to getting it.

IP Logged
hells

Reply #12 - 05/12/20 at 22:44:48

Alex, what are your impressions? Same conclusion as Reptar?

Omega CAM's | Rythmik F12SE | Schiit Gungnir MB | Torii Jr/25th Anniv | SE84UFO | Thorens TD160BC MkII | Tisbury Mini Passive Preamp II | Hegel H190
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print