Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 05:15:17 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Largest Pipe Organ in Chicago (Read 1977 times)
Keith
Verified Member

Largest Pipe Organ in Chicago
06/13/19 at 05:29:06

Found this Video on Youtube, worth watching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeB3JnKp8To

hope I got that right, Stream it the the stereo!!

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: Largest Pipe Organ in Chicago
Reply #1 - 06/15/19 at 05:22:35

I have only heard one real pipe organ in my life, and am happy to have that experience.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Largest Pipe Organ in Chicago
Reply #2 - 06/25/19 at 05:39:41

Great Post... that thing's a beast! Don't know about climbing to your death to maintain it though....  

I would love to see a church built around a symmetrical pipe layout where all the pipes were shown at the front of the church and down the sides and in the rear.  It would connect more potently with the listener when there is nothing between the two.  Also a nice effect would be to light each of the pipes as they play and of course turn down the lights.... make the connection.  As great as church organs are, they are secondary to the architecture always.  Imagine an entire sanctuary made of organ pipes with a giant dome overhead focusing the sound back to the center.  If Decware did churches, that would be the design... built on a hill, no walls just pipes.  Tropical climate see the stars through the pipes at night.  Decware church frequency response 0 ~ 816,763.5 Hz.  That way we could kill cancer cells during the opening hymnal and get everyone to fart well before the sermon starts.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print