05/17/24 at 12:11:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WTB ZP3! (Read 3405 times)
Zach.Attaque
Verified Member

WTB ZP3!
05/03/19 at 19:08:23

Hey all, just throwing out some feelers to see if anyone has a ZP3 they'd be willing to part with. Thanks! Cool

my ears are ringing
  IP Logged
kespen
Verified Member

Re: WTB ZP3!
Reply #1 - 05/03/19 at 19:26:31

There is one currently on eBay with a 795 buy it now free shipping... Not a bad deal at all.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/03/19 at 19:45:28

But be careful. A member here bought a Decware amp from what turned out to be an unscrupulous seller who misrepresented it. I'd encourage anybody buying Decware on ebay to have an extended discussion with the seller to see if they are selling a good item or a problem piece that somebody buggered or messed up.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/03/19 at 20:03:37

I looked at this ZP3, looks good.  My only question would be if it has beeswax caps.  I can't remember when they became standard but when I ordered mine it wasn't even an option in the cart.  Everything I own has them so I couldn't tell you what the difference would be but descriptions here make it sound like a good option.  A fellow Decware member recommended them to me when I ordered mine.  regardless, $795 and free shiping is a good deal...since there is a make an offer option, I'd use it.  

Also, this guy has other equipment for sale and his explanation for why he is selling is understandable.  These don't pop up all that often.

PS...the beeswax caps is an option currently, not standard.  There are also some 25th Anniversary mods available...

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 05/03/19 at 20:40:48

I don't think that one on eBay has Beeswax caps as in my experience if a Decware component does, and uses rectifiers, there's a gold or brass band around the rectifier outlet's top.

Looks like a good deal, worth investigating if you're in the market. I couldn't hang with that base though. . . I'm a walnut base person, or a cherry.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
NormD
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 05/03/19 at 21:01:19

If you get the ZP3, I strongly recommend upgrading to the beeswax capacitors AND the 25th Anniversary mod. I found I don’t need my ZSTAGE.

OPPO Sonica DAC
Technics SL-1200M3D Turntable
SoundSmith The Voice cartridge
JRMedia Center running on a MacMini
Panasonic DP-UB820
Marantz AV8802a Pre/Rotel RMB-1585 Surround
ZTPre & ZMA Stereo
Focal Sopra No. 2 speakers (91 db)
2 Hsu ULS-ULS-15 MK2 Subs
  IP Logged
Zach.Attaque
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 05/03/19 at 21:09:53

Thanks for the input, corresponding with the seller now. I too am much more a fan of the walnut base, but at this price, I’ll take it!

my ears are ringing
  IP Logged
kespen
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 05/03/19 at 22:12:05

Looks like it is gone now.  

Good call out on buying though eBay. This sellers feedback is very different than the case refered to above.  It would give me more confidence that you will get what you want.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print