04/25/24 at 09:14:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Peachtree Integrated (Read 3741 times)
Pappakap
Verified Member

Peachtree Integrated
04/29/19 at 17:03:25

Anyone have any experience with the Peach tree integrated amps? I’m looking at creating a dedicated DAC setup through a set of Zu audio Dirty Weekends and I’m considering going with it as an all in one.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Peachtree Integrated
Reply #1 - 04/29/19 at 18:38:58

I've had two Peachtree Audio integrates, the Decca and the flagship Grand Integrated X1.

The latter is a very fine amplifier with a nice DAC inside and even a headphone amp. I really should have loved it. . . except. . . even in a seldom used second system I always wished it was even the smallest of Decware amps. I sold it.

If you're not totally spoiled by the Decware sound as I am you night find it suits your need. I just couldn't settle into it myself. I now use a Taboo Mk III and a Denon flagship universal player with a great DAC within for that system.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
armstdav
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/29/19 at 19:44:42

I'm listening to my Peachtree Decco right now, in my second system through a pair of DNAs. It sounds really good in general, although the built-in DAC isn't up to current standards. I don't use it for hi-rez, just streaming out of town radio stations and free Pandora and with a tuner for local. I understand the DACs in the newer models are substantially better.

Also, Peachtree support was outstanding. I bought it used and had an intermittent problem with the power amp board. They gave me a number of things to try which didn't affect the behavior, so I sent it to their repair facility. For $150 they fixed not just the power amp but 6 or 7 other things they discovered; I got back pretty much a completely rebuilt amp.

Does it sound as good as my Torii? Of course not, but it was 1/10th the price; it sounds way better than it has a right to. Definitely worth a listen for a less critical system.

IP Logged
Pappakap
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 04/29/19 at 20:06:13

I have one of their stand alone Dac units and have been really enjoying it with the Deezer app listening to music outside of what’s in my vinyl collection. I’ve just been a little underwhelmed with my smaller Decware reproducing some of the more electronic and rock pieces of music. They sound a little anemic and lack the bass undertone that helps drive those types of music. It’s not the setup entirely though even through the DAC, instrumentals acoustic and all the stuff tubes thrive on blow me away. I guess maybe the best question is how do I round out the sound for more “party music” without spending the money on a Tori or an equivalent amount on a McIntosh solid state. I feel like more Watts is the key and that brings it full circle as to why I’m asking about the integrated.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 04/29/19 at 20:59:04

Well, more watts can be helpful at times. I just couldn't get into the Peachtree digital amp sound. And I don't do "party music," I don't party, I don't listen to a lot of loud music, and when I do it's not electronic, so I guess I'm not the best advisor here. And I need tubes. After more than two decades of tubes as my pre- and amplification staple, and Decware for two of those decades (EICO before) I just have to have them.(And Peachtree's idea of a tube preamp stage doesn't count for me). Solid state, digital amps, etc. just don't work for me. Obviously they work for others, armstdav is listening happily to what didn't work for me. So hopefully you'll continue to get useful advice.

In your shoes I'd save up for a Torii Jr. But I hope you find what works for you!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/29/19 at 22:12:59

Probably too long ago but I heard Zu paired with Peachtree at AXPONA a few years ago and I thought it was a nice sounding combo.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
Chester
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 04/30/19 at 03:43:04

I was in your situation just a few months ago. I was listening with a Peachtree Decco65 integrated (since discontinued) with Zu Omens and an Undertone. At the time, it sounded good and it certainly got loud enough to party.

After having my Torii Jr. for about a month now, however, I know I can’t go back. The sound is so much smoother, realistic, and cleaner. I am, also, really glad I went with the 20 watts - I do listen at loud levels at times, the headroom is always appreciated even at lower levels, and, yes, I still enjoy a good dance party every now and then.

I ended up getting the Border Patrol as a dedicated DAC and I think that a dedicated DAC is definitely the way to go.  There are many ways to go and I’ll leave that subject alone as it’s been well discussed elsewhere.

I would absolutely recommend getting a Torii Jr. (or Torii) and a dedicated DAC if you want the best of both worlds (great sound and volume).  Good luck with your decisions.

SE84UFO25/Border Patrol DAC/Zu Omens/Zu Undertone Sub
  IP Logged
Pappakap
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 04/30/19 at 11:03:07

I appreciate the input everyone. Sounds like what I may really need is a bigger amp from Steve. Doing that would give me more headroom for my DAC as well as give me some more power for my TT which is not a bad thing either.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print