Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 10:35:06 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Volume fades off and back on (Read 2244 times)
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Volume fades off and back on
04/01/19 at 22:25:20

I'm having an issue with the volume fading off and back on on my SE84UFO.  I can see the rectifier light fade out as this happens. After about 15 seconds or so, the volume slowly goes back to normal. I thought it was a bad Rectifier, swapped it out, but same thing.  I swapped out the internal fuses too.

The only thing I haven't done is swap out the input and power tubes.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Volume fades off and back on
Reply #1 - 04/02/19 at 00:12:23

Check the fitting of your power cord, that's one option to consider if you haven't. . . ..

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 04/02/19 at 01:37:07

Thanks Lon. I cleaned the socket real good and plugged and unplugged the rectifier a few times to make sure I’d get a good connection. Cut it on, and the rectifier did not come on, but I moved it around a little, and it came on and has played for an hour just fine. Fingers crossed that I don’t have a faulty socket.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 04/02/19 at 01:41:32

That's good news. I had a rectifier socket like that in one of my Torii Mk IIIs that the rectifier would not come on until I wiggled it about. I sent that Mk III in for a beeswax upgrade and mentioned that to Steve and when it came that it only did that once or twice. . . .

I also had a Zen amp that the power cord I was using would sort of wiggle loose and make intermittent connections which was why I recommended looking into that.

Hopefully the problem won't persist!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print