Send Topic Print
SALE PENDING (Read 1444 times)
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

SALE PENDING
01/23/19 at 16:41:30

This might be the best place for this post. I have built these DNA speakers with the Alpair drivers, and find them to be a good choice for this design. I realized that these now need a home where they can be used. $500, shipping included, to lower 48 continental US.
SALE PENDING!
 A couple of footnotes: The drivers are mounted with button-head allen bolts to T-nuts, not just wood screws.... The sides of the cabinets are 11 ply high grade plywood, with the internal construction being 1/2" MDF as prescribed... Internal wiring is Maple Shade speaker wire, a tightly twisted, silver plated design.... The black coated surfaces are truck bed liner that surely reduces cabinet vibration... Panels were glued with either polyurethane or high grade wood adhesive for strongest bonds... Final finish is done with outdoor grade polyurethane UV protected... Last note: These are not dealer perfect but are more than reasonable in appearance.
 Bass is stronger than you would expect. Midrange is natural sounding, non bright, and treble is laid back in nature (although, my old ears may be lying about this part). Dynamics are what you would expect from a horn loaded design, which is one of the reasons that I built these. Next build for me will be the DNA2, so these will fund that venture.

PB280002_003.JPG

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Re: DNA Speakers
Reply #1 - 01/23/19 at 20:05:11

SALE PENDINGThere is a lot of info at the site for these speakers, but this says a lot to me.

dnawater.jpg

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print