Decware Audio Forums
05/17/24 at 08:56:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tori JR  SOLD (Read 8201 times)
Ken Rafika

Tori JR  SOLD
01/16/19 at 16:18:33

SOLD Revised from November ad.  I can only post 1 picture; pm for more.
Tori Jr for sale    
Amplifier: TORII Jr. built in February, 2016 and originally delivered March, 2016.  I purchased it Feb, 2017 from active Decware forum member.  I am the second owner.
Walnut Base -Gold Knobs -Stepped Attenuators  -Beeswax Caps Type I - All stock tubes (other than original Mullard EL-34's)(all still quite good), plus new $120 Mullard GZ32 Rectifier tube (stock tube is fine). new set of 4 matched JJ-KT77 power tubes (Tubestore), new set of 4 matched Genelex Gold Lion KT-77 power tubes (Upscale Audio), 2 new Sylvania OD3 tubes (replace stock OA3's), 2 new Reflector 6H23-EB tubes (Tubestore)(replace stock 6922's), .  It's in excellent physical and working condition.  List is $2695 plus shipping, plus new tubes (total new tubes: $470).

Sell: $2400 shipped CONUS.

Will deliver/meet free within 150 miles of Naples FL.  Deduct $100 for local pickup or delivery.

Eligible for Decware warranty transfer.

Tekton Designs Electron spkrs; Tori MK IV and CSP-3 w/ 25th Ann Mods; OPPO 105D; Roon Quboz; ultraRendu; Teac UD503; Nordost Blue Heaven interconnects and Red Dawn spkr wire
If you want to find the truth in life, don't pass music bu -- Eric Burdon and the Animals
  IP Logged
Ken Rafika

Re: Tori JR  SOLD
Reply #1 - 04/03/19 at 23:06:21

Just scored a 4 month old Tori Jr for $1427 on eBay!

Tekton Designs Electron spkrs; Tori MK IV and CSP-3 w/ 25th Ann Mods; OPPO 105D; Roon Quboz; ultraRendu; Teac UD503; Nordost Blue Heaven interconnects and Red Dawn spkr wire
If you want to find the truth in life, don't pass music bu -- Eric Burdon and the Animals
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 04/04/19 at 00:34:20

Good news Ken! Let us know how you like it!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/04/19 at 02:01:55

The listing was very poorly done. Stock photos and a photo of the actual unit was cursory. Seems it sold cheaply because of that

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/04/19 at 02:33:34

I was following that ebay auction...I did not bid since I have too many amps already.  That was a good price.  43% off retail.  So  Ken, you sold your Torii Jr in Jan and bought another one?  

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Ken Rafika

Reply #5 - 04/04/19 at 19:07:16

I agree the ad was poorly done.  I called and spoke with the seller, who represented he bought it in late 2018 and it was delivered early 2019.

Yep. I bought another one.  I sold mine because I needed the cash at the time.  I've been considering the 25th Ann stuff, but when this one became available, I thought I'd get it for the time being.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 04/04/19 at 19:29:27

I actually bid on it up to around $1,300 or so. If it weren’t me somebody else would have brought it up to where it sold for. I didn’t really want it, but would have taken it for cheap.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 04/05/19 at 17:36:19

Welcome back to the Torii Jr. family, Ken!

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
Ken Rafika

Reply #8 - 04/21/19 at 13:39:58

I sent the amp back.  While the ad said it was "flawless,"  the base had major scratches, it was shipped with some tubes installed and one had become bent with the plastic base insert broken, there were loose parts inside the base (I think he modified/repaired it), two EL34 sockets were chipped.  Hard to believe with a 4 month old Tori.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 04/21/19 at 13:55:53

Sorry to read that. "Flawless." That's false advertising!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 04/21/19 at 14:59:39

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps a conversation should have been done with this clown 🤡 when the auction was pending. That’s why I like buying and selling used right here

55   IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 04/21/19 at 18:22:05

I hope you give him the well deserved Negative Feedback.  That's about the only way to weed out these dishonest sellers.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 04/21/19 at 19:04:03

That's too bad Ken.  Shipping an amp with the tubes installed is just stupid.  As for something loose inside the amp, that may not mean he was in there doing mods.  When I bought my used Zen Signature Monoblocks, one had something loose inside.  After an email with the seller I opened the amp and secured a transformer with double sided tape.  They have worked flawlessly since.

Did the amp have a sticker on the bottom giving the buyers name and manufacture date?  I noticed this seller has no feedback as a seller...it's all as a buyer...100%.

Besides the installed tubes, did he pack it well?  Did you put tubes in it and fire it up with speakers to see if it functioned?  Wouldn't blame you if you didn't, just wondering so  if it comes up again and goes for an even lower price.  Cosmetic flaws don't concern me as much as functional flaws that would require a repair and trip to Decware.  Mark.

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted." William Shakespeare
  IP Logged
Ken Rafika

Reply #13 - 04/24/19 at 14:59:14

Yes, the amplifier had the Decware sticker showing it was built for the seller in Dec 2018.  I had also talked with him for a half hour or so before buying it.  He believes a ~$500-600 Boyuu 2A3 amp sounds better (Model A30, I think).  IThe Tori was packed in a Boyuu double carton, but one side of the base was in direct contact with a carton side (may have caused some wearing, but certainly not the large gouge/scratch).

His solution to the multiple problems was contact FedEx...

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 04/24/19 at 18:56:24

What a crap response.

File your PayPal dispute and be done with this.

55   IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 04/24/19 at 21:04:04

File with ebay too...

If the item you received doesn't match the description in the original listing, or if it arrived faulty or damaged, you're covered under the eBay Money Back Guarantee. You can return it even if the seller's returns policy says they don't accept returns.

Once you start a return, the seller has 3 business days to resolve your issue. If your problem isn't solved at the end of those 3 days, you can ask us to step in and help.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041&quer...

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 04/30/19 at 13:19:19

So what happened Ken.  I saw your negative feedback...

IP Logged
Ken Rafika

Reply #17 - 04/30/19 at 16:33:41

I sent it back, and it was signed for through FedEx.  He's now claiming he never received it.  He has informed me I know nothing about audio, and he's going to do anything he can to destroy me!

Friggin' nutcase...

IP Logged
mark58
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 04/30/19 at 17:12:58

Oh my, if you haven't already, I'd get ebay involved.  He sounds irrational...

IP Logged
kespen
Verified Member

Reply #19 - 04/30/19 at 18:42:24

I've never been so glad that I resisted the urge to bid. What a horror story. Please get eBay involved asap.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print